Eric Williams
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
I remember listening to a Dice Tower episode where Tom Vassal talked to different companies about their plans for 2009. According to the podcast, he skipped Fantasy Flight as they planned on announcing their plans in April.
I also remember Jay Adan mentioning some kind of partnership with a publisher on bringing some new offerings online with an announcement by the publisher expected in the spring of this year I believe.
Coincedence? Purely conjecture (and some wishful thinking) on my part, but stranger things have happened. Then again, with the economic downturn, maybe the plans (with whatever publisher) were scuttled. Don't remember hearing any followup.

EW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight posted an "April Fools" message saying they were branching into computer games and announcing they were releasing the first game based on "Twilight Imperium." Yeah, right. Great joke announcement.

Whether that's related to this or not (announcing in April?), but without giving out info I know that they might not wish me to share, FFG has gone through a difficult, and emotional, transition lately and this really doesn't sound like something they would be working on right now.

It would be nice, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know more about this difficult transition Fantasy Flight is going through?

And GTO and FF would be an incredible, though unlikely, match-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstax wrote:
...first game based on "Twilight Imperium." Yeah, right. Great joke announcement.
Would be the second game, since I wrote the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fairlamb
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is NO game at that link, disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So.. interesting that I find a thread like this... I contacted both Rob Eng from GTO about writing some games for them.. and FF whom never got back to me, even though I was offering to implement it free of charge (I really want to play Citadels online).

Without releasing any private details, let's just say that while my hopes are at the same place.. I wouldn't count on it happening any time soon, if ever.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HotDogBun wrote:
There is NO game at that link, disappointing.
There is. But it is not available to the public (read text there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.