Subject: FFG Announces Anima:Shadow of Omega Revised Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sally Karkula

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has announced that a revised edition of Anima: Shadow of Omega will be available this summer.

From the website:
Quote:
This Summer, the world of Gaïa returns in Anima: Shadow of Omega Revised Edition. Anima: Shadow of Omega is an adventure game that takes 2-5 players into a beautifully-illustrated world that combines elements of both Eastern and Western artistic and narrative traditions. In Anima: Shadow of Omega, players form bands of heroes and race to complete missions before confronting the final enemy: Omega.

The revised edition of Anima: Shadow of Omega has been overhauled to create a more enjoyable and dynamic game experience. Revisions include brighter art, enhanced graphics, more durable cards, and an updated rules set that incorporates errata. This edition also introduces the all-new Crisis! end-game design which creates exciting showdowns and dramatic finishes for every game.

They also announce that the stand alone expansion to Shadow of Omega, Beyond Good and Evil, will be made available at the same time.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=497
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear another revised edition of something from FFG. Admittedly this game can definitely benefit from it though.

Does this mean that the game has been successful? I'm sure they wouldn't bother with a revised edition if it hadn't sold reasonably well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
db-one wrote:
Oh dear another revised edition of something from FFG. Admittedly this game can definitely benefit from it though.

Does this mean that the game has been successful? I'm sure they wouldn't bother with a revised edition if it hadn't sold reasonably well.

Actually no, the sales were not as high as they wanted them, afaik. They had to struggle to print Beyond Good and Evil, but the Anima miniature game and the anima rpg are quite a success, afaik.

But I think a revised edition + the expansion could change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that all of us who already own the original Shadow of Omega will need to get the new version for compatibility with Beyond Good and Evil? Major bummer

What in the original version did you think needed to be revised/updated?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sterling
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Does this mean that all of us who already own the original Shadow of Omega will need to get the new version for compatibility with Beyond Good and Evil? Major bummer :(

What in the original version did you think needed to be revised/updated?

Thanks.

I'm wondering this same thing as I didn't read about the new version until right after I purchased the current version.

Anyone heard anything about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
butch mapoa
msg tools
Dang, too bad BG&E needs the revised edition. I might have to pay again for SoO. :(

The game died for my playgroup, but we revived it recently, made up a ton of new house rules and had a lot more fun and balanced. Still can't figure out how to prevent the bug where the only way to really beat the game is to assemble a "critical mass" of power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Choi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got a copy of the revised edition.

You can play the original game with the revised rules with a few modifications to the cards.

Unfortunately the card backs are different and the older edition doesn't match the Beyond Good and Evil backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.