Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really necessary to submit a picture of every single card (or miniature, etc.) from a game?

IMHO it's unnecessary. Group shots of several items would suffice.

Wuddayouthinkhmmmmmmm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Group shots of several items would suffice.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Photos of countersheets, or photos showing what the game contains, okay. Illustrative photos of some of the cards or miniatures or special dice (NOT regular dice...), fine.

Photos of every Go Fish - Nemo Edition card, probably not so critical...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have thought, after reading concerns about copyright infringement on other BGG geeklists, that scans of individual cards and such would be verboten anyway. Guess not...but they're really not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, definitely. And a dozen images of your friends sitting around a blurry gameboard...probably not necessary either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, nothing makes me cringe like seeing 15 or 20 single cards in a row. Lay 'em out 9 up, 3x3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scans of adverts taken from a publishers's brochure shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to see images;

...of what the game contains. So many pictures are of games being played with expansions or multiple sets (yes, Heroscape, looking at you).

...of close ups of important pieces. Pictures of a few cards maybe to give an idea of the quality and the art style - I do find art important in games I play.

...of what the game looks like being played. With limited space this is important to me so I know how much room a game takes up - I bought a scalextric a couple of years back and had to sell it because I simply didn't have the room.

Pictures of EVERY miniature? No I don't think that's needed, and I'm sure it says somewhere in the BGG guidelines not to do it. The manufacturers website normally has all the images anyway.

Where I get unsure though is pictures of games being played. What sort of limit should there be? I know I've uploaed a few Star Wars & D&D minis pics, but each time I ask myself 'is it necessary?' I've seen threads saying 'personal discression' but that's about as vague as you can get. I mean, how many genuinely useful images can you post on a game? Look at Agricola, there are 60 pages worth! Suddenly pictures of cards & minis of CMGs seems more useful as potential buyers will want to know what they are getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

That's exactly what prompted this post. Were we geekmodding at the same time?devil Even though it gives modders more , after the 3rd one I just declined the rest. They're not necessary at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

That's exactly what prompted this post. Were we geekmodding at the same time?devil

Yes I do believe we were!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Futza wrote:
Wuddayouthinkhmmmmmmm?

The more the better! The image database is BGG's greatest asset and one to which I frequently refer. If too much of a good thing ever becomes a problem (and it's not now) then organization and not deletion (or more idiot modding) is the solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

They is sneaky ... they sneaks one or three through that get approved ... then they submit a whole bunch more ... the modders have to be consistent, no? ... sneaky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
LudesFactor wrote:

They is sneaky ... they sneaks one or three through that get approved ... then they submit a whole bunch more ... the modders have to be consistent, no? ... sneaky.

Some people wait until the nasty Hobbitz mods that reject stuff are asleep, then they steal the precious submit their stuff.

Or if the mod in question is on line, they submit something distracting, like boobies, then SNEAK IN A PICTURES OF A CAT IN A BOX.

Nasty Bagginsez mods. You can't trust them to give you the precious GG upon demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geni Palladin
Switzerland
Basel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3x3 or 4x2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geni Palladin
Switzerland
Basel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and even 50 playing cards fit on a single image...

which is obviuos in this case where the image shows a complete printing sheet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moxtaveto wrote:
3x3 or 4x2...

That is much more reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.