True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what I need to change on my beta version that I printed out and assembled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I forget the details . Since there are almost no feedback from the players(other than one Review) in the interval between beta and final version (and, uhh, until now...), the changes are very minor. I think the map/counter changed a little bit, and there are some clarifications in the rules here and there, to make it clearer. But no more than that.

Designer's Notes
After DoD, people started to complain about how much work they should do to prepare the game (well, from IOD to IOD2 to DoD, the number of cards are increasing, means: more work !). Note: DoD is a hot game right now !!
When I designed GoD, I challenged myself to make the components as few as possible (final result: only print 3 pages!), so I think this game will be well received. But then to my surprise, GoD receives the lowest attention (among my games) from the community so far (4 months, 3 owns the game, 1 comment, 1 Review and no rating).
Lesson learned: theme is much more important than I suspected (maybe if the theme is Warcraft-like... )

Enjoy !

JackD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a more important reason why the other games are more popular is that they're solo games and those are pretty rare but thanks for the comments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm,that's maybe the case too. Good point.
For my next game, I'm preparing a multiplayer game(again), but still half baked. After everything ok, I will try to find a way to make it playable solo.

Thanks!

JackD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S G
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feedback is such a funny thing; if you're the creator, you crave it -- good, bad, indifferent, anything. But usually you get more silence than you can bear....the challenge is to realize silence isn't itself feedback.

Anyway, finally got Galaxy of D made today, and my kids are playing the first game right now as I type. Judging by their intensity, it's going over very well. Last week I also finally got to play DoD -- nearly 3 months after I actually made it. This weekend I also made IoD2, but it may be awhile before I try it.

All three will probably wind up in my travel notebook -- it's a medium sized binder with all the parts to play perhaps a half-dozen print-n-play games. So it's nice that your games tend to be portable; quite cool to have such quality games with me where ever I go....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the challenge is to realize silence isn't itself feedback.
Yup, I believe that silence means: no one plays the game shake

Cheers!

JackD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.