Subject: Rules Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Fristrom
United States
Watertown
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A rules question: when you win a battle and get to choose what action to take (sack, occupy, or convert), can each of your victorious legions make a different choice? In other words, if I win and have two legions left, can I sack a city with one and place the other on top of the influence marker (to begin conversion)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Rules Question
No, you make only one choice - at least if the game is still the one I have tested, and I think it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
dfristrom (#4936),

The rules appear to indicate that each surviving legion can do any one of these three options independently. That leads me to a couple of related questions.

If a caravan is occupied by a legion, does the onwer of the province's influence token get anything from an unoccupied market? The rules indicate that the invader must occupy the market to earn from it, but does not indicate if the owner still benefits.

Can a legion occupy a market without first occupying one or all caravans first?

These same questions can be applied to cities and temples as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ccomeaux (#4974),

If the caravan is occupied by a legion, the owner of the province's influence token gets nothing from an unoccupied market.

If a legion occupy a market without first occupying one or all caravans first, it simply denies the benefit of the market to the owner of the caravans but grants nothing else to the invader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McIntyre
Canada
Unspecified
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question that isn't clear in the rules:

If I enter a province with more than one player's legion, who do I attack first? Do I attack them both at the same time (and how does that work)? Does the Military Leader choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McIntyre
Canada
Unspecified
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As posted by Sergio on the forum he shares iwth Bruno Cathala and Bruno Faidutti:

In this game, movement and combat are in the same step. You move each unit or group of units and resolve combat immediately. But each army have just one possibility of attack in the turn. So, in your case you have the choice:
to move all units you want and attack just one opponent and this just for a simple round or
to move first some units and attack an opponent (for one round) and after you move others units (if you have...) to fight the second opponent!
Possible but need a strong army
I hope it's clear now in spite of my bad english, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick,

Yes, it's not that clear...
In fact you fight one defender only, so you choose which one. BUT : you can bring legions, fight opponent A, then bring other legions and fight opponent B.
What is important is that battles are conducted immediately after each movement. It gives interesting tactical options, as you decide to move remaining legions after the result of previous battles (at a different scale it's like in Battle Cry).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I realize my answer can be misleading.
First point, you can fight 2 different opponents, this is not in doubt.
I stated that battles are conducted immediately after movement, but the important point is : a legion can move (or stay) then fight but not fight then move. Everything else is bla bla.
So you can do what I said above.
But, and this is important, you *can* attack 1 province with legions coming from different adjacent provinces.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.