Subject: Will Game for Food . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan McHugh
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
. . . or for a night on your couch . . .

Attention Europeans . . .

I will be traveling across Europe starting later this Spring and for as long as possible until I get tired or run out of money.

The past three weeks have seen the end of my three year relationship and the loss of my job teaching at a school in a maximum security division of Chicago's Cook County Jail.

Finding myself, rather suddenly, without any outstanding obligations or the need to be stuck in one place for an extended period of time, I feel that it is time that I grasp the opportunity to take the trip I have been planning in my head for years, but was never actually able to take.

My planned destinations include (but are not limited to) Western and Northern Ireland, Barcelona and Madrid, Paris and Normandy, Luxembourg, Munich, Prague, Warsaw, and Budapest.

As you might imagine, I am trying to keep my expenses to a minimum. I have already created an account on www.couchsurfing.com, and am trying to arrange to be able to stay with family and friends as much as possible.

Here is where you come in . . .

I was hoping to be able to do some gaming on my trip. If you wouldn't mind me crashing on your couch or floor for a night or two, I would be happy to play a game or two (or three) with you.

You don't have to be in one of the aforementioned places. I would be more than happy to make special arrangements to travel to wherever you might be provided I know that I'll at least have a place to crash for at least a night. I'm sure that there are interesting things to do and places to see just about everywhere!

Should you be interested in this arrangement, I will forever thank you for helping to extend my dream trip!

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Brendan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that´s a cool idea

my flatmates and me are usually open to guests and we like to spend an evening with Settlers, Foosball, Tichu or Scopone Scientifico (I like other games too, the rest, not so much). We live in Rhineland-Palatia near Karlsruhe; not much to look at here really, but if you end up in the vicinity needing a bed & boardgame, drop me a line. A bed and a helping of pasta shouldn´t be a problem.

Disclaimer: the place tends to be a bit chaotic and on gaming nights there will be quite heavy smoking and beer drinking going on (although, when the weather is nice we can play in the garden, which at least makes the smoking a bit easier to tolerate). So, if that sort of thing bothers you, you might want to look elsewhere.

Have fun travelling,

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buenaventura wrote:

My planned destinations include (but are not limited to) Western and Northern Ireland, Barcelona and Madrid, Paris and Normandy, Luxembourg, Munich, Prague, Warsaw, and Budapest.

You are coming all this way and not visiting England, the Jewel in the UK's crown?

Trade in Northern Ireland and visit England (you can kip at mine, the Cotswolds are lovely!), definitely ditch Paris, it's full of argumentative French (the real French people are lovely, but don't live in Paris), and definitely ditch Luxembourg!

Honestly, you seppo's really need help when it comes to your European Tours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
If you plan to come to Portugal my house is yours.

PS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the start of a chain of gaming hostels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you happen to visit Hamburg, the Pearl of the north, let me know ! My gaming group happily welcomes any guest players !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.