Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Sylvan
Sweden
STOCKHOLM
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
It seems to me that Sea Supply is really a lost cause, and much more expensive than Trail Supply Supply. Am I right?

The most optimal way, seems to be to spend next to send all Supply through the Trail, and then put excess in the Supply Pool, which can then be used in order to create units anywhere on the board. Right?

Or how should the Supply game be played in the most optimal way?

*edited from typo*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Are you taking into account the errata?

Quote:
(17.5) Sea transport of VC supplies is uneconomical (and virtually never undertaken) using the ratio of NVN commitment: VC supplies listed in the rules. Adopt the following correction: calculate the amount of VC supply that gets through the U.S. blockade normally, per the procedure given in the rules, then add 2 VC supply for each NVN commitment expended to determine how much supply it actually received.

You can download the errata and rules Q&A from the Files section for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in essence, yes.. Sea Supply is worth about 8 Supply per Commitment Point using the errata, but Trail Supply can manage 10 or more. It is also far more expensive to the US to interdict Trail Supply than Sea Supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main advantage of Sea Supply is building units within 5 hexes of the all-sea hexes. Otherwise, yes, it's not as economical. From what I can see of eyeballing the chart, the optimum expenditure seems to be 2 or 3 Sea Supply. Anything more has a rapid die-off from blockade while only 1 supply might also suffer from poor return due to blockade. My plan for the momnet is to go with 0, 2 or 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.