Subject: Days of Knights in Newark, DE - this store ROCKS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
We recently went on vacation in southern Delaware (Rehoboth Beach / Ocean City MD area) and before we left I decided to check in the forums to see if there were any decent game stores in the area, as we planned to use our downtime to do some gaming. Nothing in the southern Delaware area, but a few people listed Days of Knights in Newark as a "destination" game store. So we decided to swing through on our way south and check it out.

Let it be known, it was well worth the trip! The store is jam-packed with goodies. Vintage OOP games, a whole section of wargames, and just about every Euro you could want! We were looking for Power Grid, which they had (along with all the expansion maps, except the one we wanted - Italy). After snagging that, we decided to keep looking, and in the back room, lo and behold, I discovered a new, sealed copy of Keythedral (Pro Ludo edition) for a mere $50! Given that used copies regularly go for that much or more on EBay, I couldn't believe my good luck, and grabbed that up too. Really, the selection is amazing, which I mentioned at the register. The guy who checked us out commented that in his opinion they have TOO MANY boardgames in stock, about 500-600. All the prices were pretty standard MSRP (although with Keythedral, that's still a steal), but given that Delaware has no sales tax, it made paying full fare much easier. I'd seriously recommend that those within driving distance of this store check it out, it's very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Rosen
United States
Wimauma
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The store is wonderful and absolutely has the best selection of any games store I have ever visited. Every time I drive up north I try to stop there. In addition, their in-store service is also excellent and the staff is generally very knowledgeable. My only negative is that they often do not respond to emails sent to the store manager's site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The store also has regular gaming sessions, one Saturday per month, through its affiliation with the Games Club of Maryland.

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/locations.asp?location=13

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.