Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich came over on Saturday for an afternoon and evening of 2-player games. I allowed him to choose every game we played (mainly because I like all of my collection and I normally choose games for our bigger game days).

His first choice was a quick game: Carcassonne. To spice things up, he chose to use the Tower expansion, which he may have played with once before, but quite a while ago. Indeed, it had been a fair time since I'd played with The Tower!

The game was very interesting and the Tower pieces were far less disruptive than I might have imagined. Rich used them to annoy me in the early game, capturing two of my followers. In the mid-game, I was able to turn the tables and capture a couple of his monks. We both used two followers to block important towers that really could have messed with our plans.

The map ended up with a lot of small cities and two big cities (each of us completed one of those). Just before the end scoring, we were both rather close in scores, but my greater experience showed in the end as I had one farmer worth 30 points! Rich hasn't played enough to really be familiar with how terrifying a well-placed farmer can be.

Final scores: Merric 131, Rich 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.