Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was cleaning up the house today and along the way I found my copy of B-17 sitting on a table forgotten for a few months. I decided to break it out and fly one mission for kicks.

I scrambled a crew and rolled a late war mission, getting the target of Paris heading for the factory disctrict. I imagined the crew was late in the war, on their 22nd mission getting close to getting their ticket home. The plane is called the one shot named after a lucky shot on its first mission.

Middle formation flying high, things are looking good, not in any of the trouble spots. The first roll comes up with 2 waves. But luckily one of them is no attack. The first wave goes by with no damage on either side. Afterward I realized that I had a -2 on this roll so the no attack result was fate correcting my mistake.

The next zone sees the One shot getting one wave. The nose gunner gets a bead on a 190 and does some serious damage, getting a fighter turned back result. The two other attacking Germans miss and fly off to other targets.

Zone 3 gets two 190's again, and this is where things start to go bad. The 190's pound the one shot on their first pass, Both of them hitting and doing mostly superficial damage, with the exception of knocking out the radio. The Germans swing around for their follow up attack both coming in at 10:30 level, allowing only one gun to come to bear on them. The German machine guns spit lead down the port wing and manage to catch engine #1. The Engine feathers and starts to drag the plane, forcing a bailout over France!

Three of the boys die during the bailout, Most of the others are captured by the krauts, only the Starboard gunner finds French resistance and makes it back to base.

Poor guys my arbitrary decision to fly a mission got most of them killed and captured. This is such a cool game. You don't do a whole lot but it is always interesting to see how things turn out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it really WAS a One Shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.