Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oftentimes when one inserts agame name, too manyitemscome up and th one one wants is not there. One used to be able to type in the GameID directly to avoid this. Can we have this option back?

P.S.
If one selects browse for images and there are no images after all, the window won't close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of sounding glib, if you type a few letters more, the one you want will have to come up as more and more false hits get eliminated.

Just tried adding Hochstapler to a list, and when I bring up the browse for images, it closes the empty list just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
At the risk of sounding glib, if you type a few letters more, the one you want will have to come up as more and more false hits get eliminated.

Just tried adding Hochstapler to a list, and when I bring up the browse for images, it closes the empty list just fine.

No, try typing Go. Last time I did it Go did not appear. That GameID=188.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

I just tried it. The first game on the list is "go (-2000)" which is the correct game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MusedFable wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I just tried it. The first game on the list is "go (-2000)" which is the correct game.

Good. They've fixed that one. What about the ones they may not have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I overlookedthispart before. I made a GL last night and at least using IE when inserting items and browsing images, onecannot clos the min-window without selecting an image but of course if you can't you can;t clse it either. There's no red x in the corner anymore. One canrefresh the whole window and lose everything or ignore it if it's not in the way-- which it may be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Search results now list in a popularity order (changed in BGG 2.0 a month or so ago), to solve the very problem of finding or adding Go and Ra, etc. It should automatically handle any short names.

This problem should only ever pop up for something that has a very short name, and is so obscure that almost no one has ever clicked it, added pictures, sessions, reviews, or however it exactly calculates popularity.

The fix might be worse than the problem, you'd have to load tens of thousands of items into the list that have an 'A', etc.

whac3 wrote:
There's no red x in the corner anymore. One canrefresh the whole window and lose everything or ignore it if it's not in the way-- which it may be.

Must be an IE bug, it's fine with Firefox.

A workaround, if you popped up the window, you can click the Preview button at the bottom which closes it, and allows you to continue editing the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Search results now list in a popularity order (changed in BGG 2.0 a month or so ago), to solve the very problem of finding or adding Go and Ra, etc. It should automatically handle any short names.

This problem should only ever pop up for something that has a very short name, and is so obscure that almost no one has ever clicked it, added pictures, sessions, reviews, or however it exactly calculates popularity.

It would make more sense to sort exact matches above partial matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It very well may do that as well.

I'm just speaking cautiously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.