Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do most people (you) play by uttering a single word or do you follow the advice of the rules and have the story teller recite a sentence on his/her turn?

We tend to utter a single word, but we're working toward complete sentences. It seems a bit harder to play when doing a sentence vs. a word.

mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
unkle
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say we have roughly half single word (or expressions, like "meaning of life" for example), and another half in sentences (usually short). Plus the occasional musical description :-)

I doubt we'll move toward longer descriptions, since the double/triple meanings are harder to get that way :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played twice now, and it seems that one word dominates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it yesterday. Most people used a phrase. One player always used and obscure sentence. Single words were rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Idolomantis diabolica
msg tools
from half-sentence up to verse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

usually one or two words. sometimes a movie quote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Einhorn
United States
Millburn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can use some help with example stories
I play this with my family (kids 10 and 12)

One thing that would help us all is having some example "stories" togive us ideas for other cards

For example - the girl walking in the snow sees a rose growing.
You can't say "Winter" or "Flower" without having a high chance of everyone guessing your card. "Going for a walk" will also probably not work.

Unexpected can work - one time. And Surprised.

What I would like are some phrases others have used, to give us ideas , new ways to create the stories. Its easier to write stories if you read some yourself. Not to copy them, but for them to trigger new ways of looking at something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandon wrote:
Can use some help with example stories
I play this with my family (kids 10 and 12)

One thing that would help us all is having some example "stories" togive us ideas for other cards

For example - the girl walking in the snow sees a rose growing.
You can't say "Winter" or "Flower" without having a high chance of everyone guessing your card. "Going for a walk" will also probably not work.

Unexpected can work - one time. And Surprised.

What I would like are some phrases others have used, to give us ideas , new ways to create the stories. Its easier to write stories if you read some yourself. Not to copy them, but for them to trigger new ways of looking at something.

Oopsiak has given some good examples of these in the image gallery. For example, "that was a very successful swimming lesson" for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.