Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend was reading the FAQ on Wizards' site (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/hoth) and found this, which seems kind of odd:

Quote:
Can the traitor move stunned monsters?
Yes.

Since the rulebook states that stunned monsters miss their turn, it's a direct conflict- and the one other direct conflicts I know of between the FAQ and the RAW are explicitly stated. My interpretation is that this is for other cards & effects that allow people to move monsters, other than the move during the monster turn, like when a hero uses the Spirit Board and "the traitor can move any number of monsters 1 space closer to you". Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Particularly considering that this question is listed in the "Omen Cards" section, I think you're right--this doesn't mean that stunned monsters can move during their turn, it means that they can still be moved by other effects, such as the Spirit Board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was JUST about to post the very same question! I saw that rule yesterday, and was quite surprised. I'd have to agree with you and the other poster, it doesn't make any sense that a stunned monster could move like normal. I think the FAQ must be saying that other effects that cause monsters to move would move stunned monsters also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
Particularly considering that this question is listed in the "Omen Cards" section, I think you're right--this doesn't mean that stunned monsters can move during their turn, it means that they can still be moved by other effects, such as the Spirit Board.

The problem is they used "the traitor" not spirit effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Bud
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
Ahh thanks a lot for this thread! It kind of drove me crazy yesterday night during play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.