Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just had one game of BSG. It was a very funny session, but we couldn't find out about those three basic question which arose during the game:

1) A Cylon Attack crisis card is revealed. Are the ships added to those which are yet present or will there be a "delete all" followed by the new setup (one of the players who played the game before said the latter would be true, but we couldn't find any hint in the rulebook for that)?

2) A crisis cards lists an alternative like "president drops 3 and active player 2 cards". Can this alternative be chosen even if the president has less than 3 cards?

3) A character starts his game at sickbay. He only gets one cards during the skill check. Are there any other penalties for him (e.g. move only and no action)?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1) You will add the ships listed on the card to any existing ships on the board. If there are not enough ships of the type listed (because they are alreasy ont eh baord) place as many as you can. The current player will decide where they go.

2) Yes. In most cases, you can discard less if you have less. Unless the card specifically states otherwise.

3) No, the only penalty for sick bay is that you draw a single card at the beginning of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the previous reply already answered the questions, but here's the rules references if you want to look them up:

1) Rules page 28 under component limitations (example there describes your question)
2) Rules page 30 under choice crisis.
3) Just whats mentioned on the board space (I think the only board space that doesn't fully describe itself is the brig one where you can only move to somewhere on galactica when you are freed, and the brig board space is clarified in the manual)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the previous answers are correct, just a couple of other things.

1)Be aware that the existing cylon ships are activated according to the card, before the new ones are placed, the new ones are not activated this turn unless specified in the special rule.

3)Which character is being referred to? None of the existing characters start in Sickbay. Or is this a case of the character being moved there before they get their first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
3) I think he meant "start of his turn" not game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
3) I think he meant "start of his turn" not game.

yep. and thank you all for your quick and informative replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.