I just had one game of BSG. It was a very funny session, but we couldn't find out about those three basic question which arose during the game:
1) A Cylon Attack crisis card is revealed. Are the ships added to those which are yet present or will there be a "delete all" followed by the new setup (one of the players who played the game before said the latter would be true, but we couldn't find any hint in the rulebook for that)?
2) A crisis cards lists an alternative like "president drops 3 and active player 2 cards". Can this alternative be chosen even if the president has less than 3 cards?
3) A character starts his game at sickbay. He only gets one cards during the skill check. Are there any other penalties for him (e.g. move only and no action)?
1) You will add the ships listed on the card to any existing ships on the board. If there are not enough ships of the type listed (because they are alreasy ont eh baord) place as many as you can. The current player will decide where they go.
2) Yes. In most cases, you can discard less if you have less. Unless the card specifically states otherwise.
3) No, the only penalty for sick bay is that you draw a single card at the beginning of your turn.
I know the previous reply already answered the questions, but here's the rules references if you want to look them up:
1) Rules page 28 under component limitations (example there describes your question) 2) Rules page 30 under choice crisis. 3) Just whats mentioned on the board space (I think the only board space that doesn't fully describe itself is the brig one where you can only move to somewhere on galactica when you are freed, and the brig board space is clarified in the manual)