Subject: Victory Points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a squad that receives a broken result. A card in my hand allows me to replace the squad with a team instead of breaking the squad. It costs me 1 VP to do so. I put the unbroken team on the map. What do I do with the squad counter? Does it go on the track or back in the box? If it goes on the track do I also give my opponent 2 VPs for the loss of the squad (which would be a total relative change of 3 VPs)?

I think the squad counter goes back in the box. I lost 1 VP for swapping counters and I'll lose another VP if the team counter is eliminated later thus totalling 2 VPs which would be equal to the original squad counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, it goes back in the box. This is important not only for VP reasons but for reaching the Surrender level as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes back in the box. I tend to use the 'light wounds' action when I am about to lose an already broken squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Aardvarkius wrote:
I think the squad counter goes back in the box.

Don't forget that the actions are fully specified in the rule book. The card text is a good synopsis, but not complete. For example, A36. Light wounds states:

...instead of that squad breaking....place it back in the countermix, retreiving a team from teh countermix....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:

Don't forget that the actions are fully specified in the rule book. The card text is a good synopsis, but not complete. For example, A36. Light wounds states:

...instead of that squad breaking....place it back in the countermix, retreiving a team from teh countermix....

"teh"? The rulebook is written in l33t?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation. The games we've played so far have been very close and messing up the victory points would be devastating to say the least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.