Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Gao
China
Nanjing
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
mbmb
Compare to the original Keltis OR LostCities BG edition, I think the KeltisDK is better.

1. It's quick and smooth.no need to move your score marker every turn,as well as your token. Oh,the setup phase is easier(although the original Keltis is not that fiddly when setup)

2. It's compact.Since there is no path,the game has come back the spirit of its ancestor--LostCities(card game). The only thing you have to care is Who holds the card. Also a little more than it--which stone will be taken.

3. It's portable. The size of the box is much more smaller than the original Keltis.

4. It's so cheap!
The price on Kosmos website is 6euro only!

All in all,it is worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played the boardgame, but my son and I really like this game. Very fast with lots to do. Keeping track of cards going up or down was a little tough until we started low to high from a position moving away from us and from high to low moving towards us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am a big fan of all the Keltis games, I must say I agree with your points about K-DK. Especially the price and the size. I was expecting the box to be at least the size of the original lost cities box... imagine my surprise to find it's even smaller than the box the little stone game comes in! wow

This is a great little game, and even if I don't necessarily agree it's better than the Board game (especially if you play the NWNZ expansion) I would certainly agree it's just as good - and far more portable.

-Robert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
camus_dvd wrote:
2. It's compact.

Tiny box, but it takes up a surprising amount of space on the table:

Common Stuff:
- Draw deck
- 6 discard piles
- Pool of 9 overlapping wishing stone cards

Per-Player Stuff:
- Multiple (roughly 4-7) sets of 1-9 overlapping cards each

I haven't played any other flavors of Lost Cities or Keltis, so I have no idea how this one compares. I just wasn't expecting all those discard piles. You're not going to play KDK on an airplane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.