The Dungeon of D» Forums » Rules

Subject: Potions from Trader Room/Peculiar Shop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you buy a potion from the Trader Room/Peculiar Shop, do they come already identified?

It would seem like they would, since, after all you purchasing them from a merchant not finding them in a treasure cache. At least from that point of view. Playing in a literal interpretation of the rules, I purchase 1 potion unidentified and then pay again to Detect 1 Potion. That's how I have been playing, but wondering what the official interpretation is. Maybe I have been playing it too challenging to have to pay twice to have a known potion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When you buy a potion from the Trader Room/Peculiar Shop, do they come already identified?
Yup. Indentifying a Potion cost money (for the Trader), and a good Potion will cost more money. The trader simply sell the Potion as is (if you use a magnifying glass, there's a "Use at your own risk!"label in each Potion!)

Cheers!

JackD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool, that's how I have been playing it. Thanks for the roleplay explanation, that makes a lot more sense when you put it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.