Popular Tags: [View All]
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We thought this would be good for trivia night, and gave it a buy. We played about 4 games of this, and thought it was a great little trivia game.

Setup:
Trivia cards - Each card has a number of clues. Clues are read aloud and follow the progression from less specific to more specific. For instance:

I'm a country in Europe.
My capital is Copenhagen
I start with a D, and end with a K, where am I?

Board - A board with roughly 16 spaces on it in a circle with special places for reading 'hard ass' questions, 'dumb ass' spaces where you must be silent for a turn (or skip reading a card), and 'kick ass' spaces that make one move back three spaces.

Dice - Basically a 12-sided dice with 1-4 numbered on it (why they didn't use a D4 on this is a little puzzling)

Gameplay:
Each player takes turns reading one of the trivia cards, and the rest of the table is allowed to guess one answer. The first one with the correct answer, wins the dice roll and gets to move. If everyone uses their guess and is incorrect, the reader wins the dice roll.

The winner is the one to get to the end first, and an exact roll need not be made to get to the end.

Pros:
What I liked the-absolute-most of any trivia game, ever, is that there was a great balance between the meeks and the geeks on this one in guessing trivia questions. Yes, the geeks might think they know what 'a large country in europe' is, right off the bat, but more-often-than-not, the meek person waiting for more clues gets the answer.
The trivia questions were well written.
There's basically 500 trivia questions.

Cons:
It's really a trivia game with lucky dice rolls. Which, honestly is about as good as any trivia game ever is, but the satisfaction from winning, or the agony of defeat just wasn't there. Usually at the end of a trivia game (and this goes with the 'pro' above) there's usually a clear determination of who isn't drinking enough, and that just didn't happen in this game.

This game was written in the UK, and a few of the questions didn't make any sense in the US.
-> We call it a 'zipper', and not a 'zip'.
-> The odds we'll know that Birmingham is the second largest city in England is slim. (though, someone in our group got it)
-> 'plaster' is short for plaster of paris in the US, and not anything akin to a band-aid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.