Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ASL has a DYO section for that! It's in Chapter H! Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played DYO ASL but I know several people who used to play it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
IGNITION - bringing enlightenment where once all was dark
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I suspect that other than in solo ASL games there is very little of this going on with ASL players ... especially with all the good scenarios that are out there and campaign games such as Red Baracades which can provide a very similar experience.

Yes, this is exactly why there there is not a lot of DYO activity, despite the extensive rules for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
You might want to look for a copy of the Avalon Hill General, Vol 24, No 1, which included an extensive DYO scenario generation system for ASL that seems to have a good reputation (although I haven't personally tried it out). The article is entitled:

Going All Out: Design Your Own (My Way)
by Greg Schmittgens and Charles Kibler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
You might want to look for a copy of the Avalon Hill General, Vol 24, No 1, which included an extensive DYO scenario generation system for ASL that seems to have a good reputation (although I haven't personally tried it out). The article is entitled:

Going All Out: Design Your Own (My Way)
by Greg Schmittgens and Charles Kibler

The Schmittgens-Kibler system is brilliant.

It's also dated now, because of the new theatres and boards, but still works. I submitted an update to MMP, but they passed on publishing (my version). Given that the original is copyright, I'm not sure I can submit my update anywhere else, or self-publish it.

I really hope MMP takes the time to update it to include new maps/theatres someday, because I really enjoyed the system. It expanded the original Chapter H by providing random terrain and VP generators, which is something Chapter H does not do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always appreciated when the OP deletes his post after getting his answer... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you own SASL (a Kibler design), you can see the connection between its Missions and VPOs and the Schmittgens/Kibler article. Mike, you should post a link to the 2-player SASL game we played. Too bad I moved before we finished the second one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
If you own SASL (a Kibler design), you can see the connection between its Missions and VPOs and the Schmittgens/Kibler article. Mike, you should post a link to the 2-player SASL game we played. Too bad I moved before we finished the second one.

Good idea. I've reposted the AAR to this forum. http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7796671
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.