Subject: Building a Descent card tray rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Huff
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm thinking about building a wooden card tray for Descent. Just something simple with slots for each card type, slightly angled up so that the cards are easy to pull off the top.

Right now, I only have vanilla Descent, so I was thinking of a "hero" tray with 8 slots: 3 skill card decks, 3 treasure card decks, a town item card deck, and a relic card deck (for the whopping 4 relics). I was also thinking of another "Overlord" tray that just had two slots: one for draw cards and one for the discard pile.

My question is, do the expansions add any more card types? If so, I'd like to account for them now rather than later.

Also, has anyone else built a card tray? I'm looking for general design ideas, too.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WoD adds Treachery (more OL cards, but you only get to add some of those to your deck each time, as you have to pay for them, I see that as separate).
RtL adds monster reference cards for 4 different play levels (copper, silver, gold, diamond), avatar upgrade cards, lieutenant cards, plot cards, dungeon level cards, incident cards, location cards, rumor cards, party upgrade cards, and Tamalir upgrade cards.
As we don't have AoD or ToI yet, I can't tell you if there are any more in those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only new card type in Tomb of Ice is feats. These are for the heroes. It also includes some Road to Legend cards but they aren't new kinds.

Feats are divided into the three skill areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use business card holders I got at Staples. They work great and I can use them for other card intensive games. I have heard you can get them at the other major office supply stores as well. Do a google search on "business card holder".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Huff
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies!

That business card tray looks like it'd be perfect. Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.