Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has been bugging me (and my wife) to play Gulo Gulo - he calls it "the egg game." So after all the egg hunts were done, my kids love to play "Easter Egg Hunt" all day after the Easter Bunny has hidden the plastic eggs, I pulled out Gulo Gulo for a different kind of hunt. Players included my son (of course), my eldest daughter, my mother-in-law, my wife and me. My second daughter was content to watch despite our best efforts in trying to get her to play. I quickly explained the rules to my mother-in-law who hadn't played this game before as the kids set-up the path.

My son started, deftly pulling the little egg from the nest. We went a couple rounds around the table, and then I set off the egg alarm. My kids really like it when I set off the egg alarm. I don't know why they like to see misfortune fall upon their father, but that's the way it goes. A couple more rounds around the table and I set off the egg alarm again. More squeals of delight from my kids. A couple more times around the table and the egg alarm went off again - this time my mother-in-law set it off. It was my son's go and he pulled the purple egg from the nest winning the first game.

We quickly scrambled the tiles and set-up another path for a second game. My daughter started this game. Not to fall upon the misfortune I had in the previous game I decided to take eggs that would not disturb the nest not necessarily the eggs that would move me the furthest up the path. Doing so, I didn't set off the egg alarm once; however, I left the nest in a precarious position for my wife several times who did have the misfortune of hearing the thud as the egg alarm hit the table. She quickly got back on her feet after those times and at the end my wife, my daughter and I were all scrambling to pluck the purple egg. My daughter, though, was first, winning this second game.

We all had fun playing this game. I think my eldest daughter, who is almost 9, doesn't have as much fun with it as she used to. However, she, like her daddy loves to play games and doesn't balk at a chance to play anything. It is a great family game that young and old can enjoy and a must have for any gamer with young children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.