Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, the event "conlflict". Would the opponent get to look at your hand and CHOOSE the two cards he makes you discard to an expansion stack, or is it random?

Secondly, if someone gets a card from the discard pile (There is at least 1 card in Politics and Intrigue that allow this), do they have to show their opponent? I ask, because in Catan Card, as in many CCG's, the discard pile is faceup.

Thank you.

PS, we love Catan Card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With "conflict", you actually have to reveal your complete hand and then your opponent may choose two cards out of those cards!

I don't recall from memory any card from P & I that would allow a player to choose cards from a discard pile...?! Can you be more specific as to which card(s) that would be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, found a card from P & I: the "Diplomat"!

So to answer your original question: yes, you do have to show your opponent which card you chose from your (or depending on the type of game you're playing: the) discard pile.

My (German) rulebook says: "If you play this card, your discard pile is revealed and you may choose a card that you want to put back in your hand".

It also says: "You may not change the order of the cards in the discard pile".

I believe this rule generally applies to similar cards from other expansions that affect the discard pile as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.