Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A friend gave me this game, but I couldn’t be able to find i ton the database. Since the instructions are in german, I can’t play it either. surprise Does someone know which game is?

Thanks!! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's this one. By Parker Spiel der Spiele . Don't know that it helps though. It roughly translates to "Ball Hopping". At least you can look in the Parker games publisher area and see if anything matches?

Looking a bit further... Ball hopping game: "10 memorable games from the memoirs of Baron von Munchausen. By PARKER Games and Toys, published in 1977. A game of thinking and tactical jumping fun with many exciting versions."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't appear that this game is in the database. You should consider submitting it. Here is a very rough (I can't emphasize that enough!) translation of the gameplay from the image you posted; hopefully someone else will do a better job than me! In the meantime, maybe this will help?

Ball Hopping
An entertaining, thoughtful game of jumping, with many degrees of difficulty.
For 1-4 players from 8 years and older.
Contents:
Box with instructions, field with 61 holes, 4 x 12 balls in 4 colors.

The basic rules were gathered by different, plausible contemporaries of Baron Münchhausen.

Kugel-hupf contains several versions of varying degrees of difficulty. Every version starts with the same basic rules.

To begin, the suitable number of balls is laid on the field. Then the first player closes the box and shakes them hard.

When no one hears any more balls rolling about, the second player (in clockwise order) takes the lid and chooses his color; then the other players choose. If several rounds are played, one after the other, the shaker is the person who has won the last round.

The player who has shaken the box always makes the first line. Any balls which lie on top of each other after shaking are taken in hand by the shaker and are dropped on the field.

With four players one can also choose alliances. The allies sit opposite themselves. The alliance colors count as a common color.

With Kugel-hupf only one ball may be moved per line. Three main moves are possible - whether playing individually or combined.

Moving The Ball:

a) it is pulled in one of the surrounding deepening lines. This is the slowest pace, always only a 1 field move. This is the slowest pace = creep.

b) leaps over one or several, own or opponent’s balls, one after the other, provided that the field is unoccupied behind the jumped over ball. In this manner long single line standard jumps are possible. This is the quickest pace = hop.

c) if a neighboring ball leaps over and hits, this = eat.

With b) and c) your own, as well as opposing balls, can be jumped over.

-----------------

The middle part of the box is just "flavor text" detailing the adventures of the Baron:

How Münchhausen built an igloo in the blizzard
How Münchhausen won a bet and finished 9 horses
How Münchhausen fought against the three-legged monsters
How Münchhausen starved a lake "leerfischte" (type of fresh water fish like a sunfish?) and thus his opponents
How Münchhausen shot 5 "Rebhüner" (type of pheasant?) with the ramrod and roasted them at the same time
How Münchhausen used a gigantic cake to make his opponents fight-incapable
How Münchhausen felled six opponents with a big round blow
How Münchhausen transmitted a message to the extraterrestrial beings
How Münchhausen defeated 23 dragon dogs of the one-eyed giant
How Münchhausen carved an arrow from a tree and flew away on it in freedom

10 games based on the recollections of the Baron Münchhausen

Etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember reading something over a year ago that "Kugel-hupf" is the predecessor game to "Chinese Checkers". Not sure if that is correct, but I do know that Chinese Checkers did not come from the Orient.

I'll see if I can find that reference.

Edit: My mistake -- I was confusing two different German games. According to this Wikipedia article ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_checkers ) the game of Chinese Checkers was originally a German game named "Stern-Halma", based on an American game called "Halma". Pressman re-named the game in 1928 as a marketing gimmick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is now in the datebase: Kugel Hupf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.