Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: UN Intervention Card Interpretation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Lally
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
If you play the UN Intervention Card, you play an opponent's event card simultaneously. The event is cancelled, but you can use the Opp points. The cancelled event goes to the discard pile.

If the Opp points for the canceled event card is, say, 3, do you get only 3 Opp points to play, or is the 1 Opp point from the UN Intervention Card itself added to the cancelled card? In this case, then, 4 Opp points available...? So, using this example, would it be 3 or 4 Opp points available?

Thanks,

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you get 3 ops.

The 1 Ops point for the UN card is there for when you use UN Intervention for Ops rather than for the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I just got Deluxe and are on our 4th game. So far in the first 3 games we have played UN Intervention like this. If my opponent played some event I did not want to go off I played UN Intervention to stop it. Kind of like a counterspell in Magic the Gathering. Upon reading the extended example of play on page 14 (US action round 3) the UN Intervention card is used in an entirely different way. In this case it is played together with your own card to cancel an opponents event. So my question is whether or not this card can be played like a counterspell in my first interpretation? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
My friend and I just got Deluxe and are on our 4th game. So far in the first 3 games we have played UN Intervention like this. If my opponent played some event I did not want to go off I played UN Intervention to stop it. Kind of like a counterspell in Magic the Gathering. Upon reading the extended example of play on page 14 (US action round 3) the UN Intervention card is used in an entirely different way. In this case it is played together with your own card to cancel an opponents event. So my question is whether or not this card can be played like a counterspell in my first interpretation? Thanks.

It can't. It can only be played as per the extended example to cancel your own event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Clemons
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
Even though this was answered.... Ish a long time ago, for clarification purposes since reading this doesn't help me.... If you use a card for it's operations points and it has an event associated with your opponent the opponent gets to enact the event a if they has played the card and you just use the op points. Yes Russia is intense at the start because you will HAVE to cause some of their events. Suddenly the UN intervention card should look like a glowing beacon instead of corn founded nonsense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.