Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow wargamers,

as I am not a grognard, nor a wargamer, I would like to know your oppinion as to "where to place Valor & Victory between existing wargames".

This should mean a combined complexity+weight+game length value and roughly comparing it to other similar wargames out there.

I know that ASL and the likes are on one end of such a spectrum and for instance Memoir '44 on the other. But where does V&V fit in? Are you able to roughly cathegorize it (and put it into a line of other games)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Joe,

Of the ones I've played, here's where I'd rank it, lowest complexity to highest:

Memoir '44
Tide of Iron
Valor & Victory
Lock 'N Load
Squad Leader/Cross of Iron
ATS
ASL

Some are close -- for instance I think V&V is very close to LnL in complexity, and SL/CoI is very close to ATS, IMHO. For what it's worth, I think it falls somewhere on the lower-middle of the scale.

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having read the rules of Valor & Victory, and having some experience with Squad Leader and a similar game, Panzer Leader, I'd have to agree with Mr. Doyle's assessment of Valor & Victory and it's placement among the other wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.