Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meelis Looveer
Estonia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally I decided to begin entering my games to BGG.
(I have lot of them and possible some being published this year)
First one, I have started playtesting in family and gamegroups (and they liked it) is called Food Web (prototype name)
This is a cardgame for 2-4 players (I also working rules for 4-8 players version)

Players form food-chains and must eat food-cards from forest, including cards opponents want to eat and even cards opponents have played in forest.

What You think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Looks interesting. Would you consider posting the rules & cards so that some of us Geeks can do a Print-and-Play and give it a try?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Seymour
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I teach at an outdoor science school and would love a game like this to teach kids about food chains...especially on rainy days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested in such themes, another game that touched on food chains in ecosystems was Eon's old Quirks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meelis Looveer
Estonia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I work at English rules and will add PnP version soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Touko Tahkokallio
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is funny - I have been working on a very similar card game just recently! I even have "silhouette" pictures of the animals in my cards just like you have...

Anyway, it seems that even though there are some similarities how the cards are played on top of each other, the main game play in our games seems to be different. Phew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meelis Looveer
Estonia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Food Web Print and Play version ready. You can download cards and rules from here.
Any feedback welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
supergreen wrote:
I teach at an outdoor science school and would love a game like this to teach kids about food chains...especially on rainy days.

I agree. This looks like it might be a great aid in teaching about eco-system concepts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That's so cool, I love the idea.
Just a quick notice, it seems like you're working on the title, so my opinion is that it feels like it's a 'human food' game. I can't think of anything that makes it clear what it's about, 'cause I really like the subject.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meelis Looveer
Estonia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe 'Food web forest' or 'Food-chains?'
I found some other games (not in BGG but on the internet) with the name Food web.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Hmmmm... when I see "Food Chain" I immediately think of animals, and who eats whom. I guess that's because I'm more into science (with an particular love for all things biology) than popular culture...

So I think "Food Chain" is the perfect name for this game! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.