Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for another question...

Tanks attack a unit in wire. Tanks win and overrun the hex. They do get to combat again, but do they automatically take out the wire as well on an overrun? Do they take out the wire if they advance into it but don't attack again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An armor unit that successfully Close Assaults a unit on a Wire hex may Take Ground, and may
battle, per terrain rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know it can attack again as per the FAQ, as I said above. The question however pertains to what to do with the wire. When it advances, does it take out the wire upon entering it (during the overrun) regardless as to whether it attacks again or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that tanks take out wire any time they move into or through a wire hex, except when tanks are retreating through wire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the answer to the question. Thanks! This is what I thought would be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.