9 Posts

Formula Dé» Forums » General

Subject: What is Your Favorite Track? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Wheeler

Washington
msg tools
I am new to the world of Formula D/De and I really enjoy the game. I will likely invest in new tracks eventually. I have a .pdf which shows a picture of all the formula De expansion tracks and I have downloaded several of the custom track images from the Formula De files section . I would like people to post what their favorite track or tracks are, and perhaps why (but you don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to). Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't really have a single favorite track. I do have several that I like more:

Zandvort #1
Zandvort #2
Both together
Silverstone
The 10th Anniversey
Shanghai
Bahrain
East Park

I believe that all of these are more "technical" tracks and require more balancing of risk taking. Some of the tracks seem to become nothing more than dice fests with the winner being the drive can consistanly roll the highest on the die.

If I were to include my "homebrew" tracks I would have to pick my interpetation of Bathhuret, Australia. But this is the only track you can roll the "blue" die four turns in a row!surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Heumphreus
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm partial to Spa Francorchamps. It has a great risk/reward balance, requires thought, rewards the player who thinks two moves ahead, not too fast to be a luckfest, not too slow to be frustrating.

I would probably throw Silverstone and Watkins Glen on as runners-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm partial to the Buenos-Aires/Barcelona pack. BA can be run in either 5 or 6th gear the whole way through! And barcelona have a perfect balance where almost no missed die-roll is crucial, it can be made up later without spending all your car points to catch up.

Oh, yes, the Silverstone/Watkins Glen is also a great pack together with Monza/Magny-Cours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be interested in this Geeklist.

My favorites are Gard and Vienne, but I enjoy several others very much, too. I think Formula Dé itself is a dicefest-luckfest, but I still love it. Sure, you have to manage risks, etcetera, but there is no way to escape the luck of the dice completely. Even veterans can fall victim to (and virgins be rewarded by) the lucky nature of dice. FDé just isn't the right racing game for some people--and that's OK.

I love tracks that have multiple corners that can be linked, whether with 5th-and-6th-gear combos (Gard) or 3rd-and-4th-gear combos (Vienne). I've read that some people actually don't like 1-stop corners for that very reason. To me, it's a hoot when the dice roll that way. I shudder at the sight of such tracks as Montreal with multiple back-to-back multi-stop corners. (ugh...)

I would love to have some of the "real" Formula Dé tracks, but the cost is just prohibitive.

If Asmodeé produces an expansion consisting of two motorsport-only courses (i.e. no "illegal city street racing"), I'll eagerly buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monaco!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pau bo
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the best circuits that were already played SPA, Shanghai, Argentina, Austria. They all have a part quickly, slowly and intermedia. Very good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Monterey (USA Track Pack #1). The best races I've ran happened there - besides, someone always manage to be eliminated on T1 (sometimes in the very first lap).

Monterey was the reason why we included the Reserve Car rule:
Quote:
As long as there's still at least one car on the first turn of the race, all cars eliminated may still take part of the race provided they
-lose 2 Wear points (at their choice);
-start from the Pits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Gossett
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
For looks, Montreal/Long Beach and Japan/Melbourne. Japan's loop makes it a fan favorite even for newcomers to the sport, and the rest all feature bodies of water, which I find pleasing.
For playability, Monaco is really fun and technical, and Long Beach is fast, but still not so easy that it turns into a dicefest. Zandvoort1 is another medium difficulty track with a good combonation of speed and skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.