Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is there something that I can put in my .prop file to force the Channel windows to open with a specific size and at a specific location on my screen. (I get tired of re-sizing and moving them when I first log in every time).

2.Also, is there a way for me to stop the #SPV channel window from opening at all. It opens every time. Even if I have closed the window and done a /save. It still opens next time.

3. There is a channel called EnglishTalk (QP). And there are a lot of (QP) channels. What does the QP mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the prop file:

WinHeight = ?
WinWidth = ?
WinPosX = ?
WinPosY = ?

You can use /getsize in your client to get the numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umfpt wrote:
In the prop file:

WinHeight = ?
WinWidth = ?
WinPosX = ?
WinPosY = ?

You can use /getsize in your client to get the numbers.

This sets the main window, but not the channel windows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the vampire client so that sizes everything for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umfpt wrote:
I use the vampire client so that sizes everything for me.

Can you provide more info on this vampire client (including links)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Client/ClientVampire/?nat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chazar
Germany
Hesse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
1. Is there something that I can put in my .prop file to force the Channel windows to open with a specific size and at a specific location on my screen. (I get tired of re-sizing and moving them when I first log in every time).

2.Also, is there a way for me to stop the #SPV channel window from opening at all. It opens every time. Even if I have closed the window and done a /save. It still opens next time.

3. There is a channel called EnglishTalk (QP). And there are a lot of (QP) channels. What does the QP mean?

1. Yes. Apart from "VampireMod" described in the earlier post, which causes numerous changes, you can also use the simpler "ClientMod", which is closer to the plain client (i.e. you can choose what you are tweaking).

There may be an even simpler method now:
Since the latest update, the size and positions of all tool windows can be saved: First, position all tools as you like (you may even drag them outside the main client window). Then right-click the client's icon bar and select configure; this opens a window showing you all available icons and the ones displayed; click "okay" in this window; waits some seconds. Then enter [tt]/save[/tt] into the main chat. Ensure that your .prop contains the line [tt]OpenTools = on[/tt].
(I think this only affects tools, but not channels and tells, but it's worth a try! Since I am using ClientMod to place channels and tells, I cannot tell.)

2. Yes. You can simply leave the channel, but afaik you are automatically joined if you have not yet acquired a mid-level rank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J.
Netherlands
Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:

If you reach about 1.000 points (or taler), that is between W5 and W6 the SPV channel will remain off if you have leaft it and saved your preferences. This is meant to help out new and inexperienced players. Therefore the SPV_en channel if you play in English which is meant to ease the first steps of English speaking players as well.

RoamDog wrote:

Those letters indicate the type of moderating that is used in that channel.
Q = Quiet, the entry and exit messages of players entering and leaving the channel is not shown
P = Permanent, the channel remains even when there are no players in the channel, as opposed to other channels which disappear when there's nobody in it (but the again, anyone can recreate it).

Basically, the EnglishTalk channel was used in the past by the English community, but hardly anymore. Some other channels are mentioned in this forum that are more widely used nowadays.

Gloppy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galapagos wrote:

Basically, the EnglishTalk channel was used in the past by the English community, but hardly anymore. Some other channels are mentioned in this forum that are more widely used nowadays.

Gloppy

Can you point me to the list of channels currently used by the English community?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J.
Netherlands
Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good start will be the EnglishCircle and BGG channels

Gloppy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.