Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s always long to decide what we should play. Last night we tried something number in a bowl and pick a random game. It's was ok what method do you use to choose your games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I ask my wife what she wants to play. She names 3 or 4 games in a row, and I keep saying, "No . . .no . . . no" . . . then we play what I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Select some games using key characteristics (number of players, play length, etc), player preferences, and then choose randomly from among those games.

A deck of I Don't Know, What Do You Want To Play? is a great aid for doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
On game nights we always start with a quick game of Uno. (Yea I know, but its tradition.) The winner gets to choose the next game. Then for the rest of the night the winner of each game gets to choose the next game we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Because he is my very best friend :)
badge
Fighting evil by moon light, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have multiple ways of choosing, depending if it is just my boyfriend and I playing, or whether we are in a group. If it is just the two of us, we usually pick a quick 2 player game we both enjoy (like Hive) and because we don't like picking out the board games, we make the loser pick the board game. If you like to do it, then the winner chooses.

If we are playing with multiple people, we usually just start off with a simple game, and once again... the loser of the game chooses the next game. We are very indecisive people.

My boyfriend also made a deck of cards listing a lot of games from one of the recent promos, using resources from BGG. We just received them, and tried it once, and it works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Because he is my very best friend :)
badge
Fighting evil by moon light, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I ask my wife what she wants to play. She names 3 or 4 games in a row, and I keep saying, "No . . .no . . . no" . . . then we play what I want.

I quite enjoy that. It's how we sometimes pick games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends sometimes suggest a game they've wanted to play. Sometimes I'll have finished reading a book that leaves me with an idea to play a wargame (talking miniatures here). Sometimes I just hear the voices of the toys and the ones that shout the loudest "Play us! Play us!" are selected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mentis wrote:
Select some games using key characteristics (number of players, play length, etc), player preferences, and then choose randomly from among those games.

A deck of I Don't Know, What Do You Want To Play? is a great aid for doing this.

That seem like a good idea thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
For games at home, just the 2 of us:

We try to own only games that we know we both like (try before you buy).
We have a monthly tournament with a game a day, based on some theme (e.g. this month is card games). Whoever is behind in the tournament gets to pick the game for the next day.

Also there is the method of playing games you've not played in a long time.

For game club: Take games with me that I want to play and which I know that some other people like.

In general: be flexible; if someone proposes a game that you like, go ahead and play it, instead of debating to convince them to play some other game you had in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:

That's exactly how we do it! Only the complete opposite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we get together on game night, we take into consideration how many players we have and go from there. With 6 people, we either do a 6p game or (2) 3p. Seven people, we do 4p and 3p and so forth. Once we have number of players decided, each person suggests a game and we go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
I depends who I'm playing games with.

With my CMG fan friend it a casual decision between us which CMG to play.

In my Warriors of Gar RPG group the game decision is up to me as I'm the sole GM.

In our Club Squirrel RPG group we rotate GMing, GM gets to choose game.

Games with my girlfriend involve me suggesting lots of games until I say Carcassonne, and then we play that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.