Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone reading this probably already owns this, but hey what the heck. I need some geek gold...

Loads of fun and adds a nice injection of randomness to the choices in the game. Also nice as it helps differentiate the strategies of the different players during the round.

Basically, one copy of each of all the action cards not currently in the round are placed in a face-down pile, the Black Market. When someone plays the Black Market, they can draw the top three cards and immediately purchase one with two extra coins (on top of their usual buy).

Now THIS makes it interesting. Every card is now possibly available to play and add to your deck. The combinations can now possibly be ridiculous complex without the game spiraling out of control. If you don't like the three cards you draw, the Black market just gives you two extra coins for your regular buy.

Seriously fun to play with although it seems to increase the round length a bit. Can't wait for the sequel as I think this is a preview of how the new cards will behave....

Verdict: Definitely worth the price and time for setup and takedown, ESPECIALLY if you happen to be the only who purchases a Witch card in the round. Vicious.

(This also appears at http://deathofmonopoly.blogspot.com.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am glad that Johnny Jaws is my friend.
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I know who I am. I'm the ant playin' the ant, disguised as another ant!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the Black Market card really adds a twist, and extra fun to the game. I hope BSW adds this card to the online Dominion soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am disappointed with the lack of depth in this review. This card has another capability -- it allows you to spend any amount of money from your hand even if you are not buying anything. Useful if another card lets you, say, draw up to seven cards....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting point. We read the rules but none of us have used that facet of the card yet. Look forward to playing it with the Library now... Thanks for bringing it up.

But "disappointed by the depth of this review"? C'mon, buddy, don't let it ruin your day because I didn't describe every detail of the card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
someotherguy wrote:
I wouldn't recommend knocking yourself out to get it.

Did some people have to do this?
I only had to paypal $5 away.
It even came with another card. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.