Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought a bunch of DnD and HorrorClix minis to represent the bad guys in this game, so I wanted a rule change to give me a reason to have the Villian on the board at all times.

This is what I’ve come up with. I’d be interested in ideas anybody else might have. I would think this variant could open the way to adding some screw_thy_neighbor type rules.

Basically the Villian is on the board at all times moving in a circuit around the board. The purpose of the Villian is to determine where Minions get placed, no more determining random locations.

Villian Placement and Movement:

- Villian starts the game at the Windmill location.
- Prior to each Mystery Phase the villian moves clockwise to the next corner location, ie Windmill=>Old Woods=>Keep=>Manor
- Hero’s in same location as the Villian can’t fight Villian. The current showdown rules still apply, eg buy Lair card, go to a location ect.
- Whenever a "Place Minions" type card is drawn,they are placed as follows:

a. Villian location is noted and the closest Hero determined
b. Each Minion is placed 1 D3 from that closest hero (1-3 spaces from Hero)
The 1 Minion per space rule still applies.
In cases where 2 Minions are to be placed 1 space from the hero, surround the Hero if possible eg, a Hero at the "Covered Bridge" can be surrounded since there are 2 exits from that location.
If the board doesn’t allow surrounding the Hero then bump minions a space away from hero as necessary to make room.
c. If a "Place Minions" card is drawn and Villian is on same location as the Hero then 1 minion automatically gets placed on the Hero’s space and Hero will have to fight it when his turn comes around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. How does it play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got to play with this variant.
Having the villian circling the board is nice but it doesn't really add much to the game since it doesn't effect hero strategy much.

Additional rules are needed so that Villian position impacts hero choices more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.