Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rant [+] [View All]
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.. someone posted a good WTF moment at the bus stop and an umbrella request...

What about at the office, we've had our fair share at our work.. Well one just happened to me.

I came in to the office, and as I pass by the lunch room, I put some water on to boil, placed a mug down and tossed a tea bag in. I then went to my desk, checked my work email. Since not much was currently going on, I started to surf BGG. Of course, BGG's chit chat threads sucked me in, and soon a half hour had passed. OOps. I then remembered "oh, i boiled water.. guess I'll just re-boil it"

so i go back..

There is my mug, filled with water, and my tea bag sitting there. Having been steeping for 30 minutes. I tried it, and it was luke warm. Bleck.

Ok. I can understand that maybe someone thought that they'd do something nice for me? but why not tell me? or say "Hey, who's ever tea is back there, it's steeping" I just sort of stared at the tea when I saw it and tried to figure out if a co-worker was trying to poison me or something. Haha, in the end I tossed it and remade a new cup.

However the biggest WTF moment happened to my boss many years ago. He brought in a small bucket of chicken for lunch. He said he ate about half of the pieces in there, and decided he'd leave the other half for the next night. (we work the night shift). The fridge is used by all staff, and it's an unwritten rule that if it's not your food, leave it alone unless there's a note that says "help yourselves".

Well he comes in the next night, works a four or five hours, then sits down for his lunch, he pulls out his bucket of chicken and notices it feels a bit lighter. He figures someone took a piece or two out of it.
When he opens it up..

Not only is there NO chicken, but the person who ate all the chicken was gracious enough to put the bones back in the bucket, and put it back in the fridge for him. Now to add insult to injury, this is occuring at 4 or 5am... there is NOTHING open at that hour, his lunch was a couple of bags of chips from the vending machine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Office refrigerators are evidence that communism will never work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:

lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you drink herbal tea, then it doesn't matter if it sits forever. It doesn't get bitter. You just heat it back up.
This is my strategy, because tea involves waaaay too many "leave it and come back in x minutes" steps for me to ever complete otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:

Not exactly, they just need the secret police to enforce the rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone once pulled my sandwich out of the fridge, took a bite, then wrapped it back up. I don't even know what goes through someone's head to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.