Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to have a way to save posts in progress. You know a save but don't submit option. That way I don't feel rushed to finish the post all at once. I can mull over my ideas and come back to work on my post some more. Also if I my wife yells from the kitchen asking if I'm "wasting more time posting on BGG" I can quickly save it and switch to a parenting website before she gets to the room. That way I can say I'm only wasting time learning to be a better father. A save option would also help prevent the accidental loss of a long post. You could save as you go rather than having the constant fear that you may suck at computers again and loss everything you've written. Some of my best posts have vanished in milliseconds because I suck at computer. So how bout it BGG. GIve it up for a save the post option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
While you await on this to suddenly "manifest" itself, then here's another 'method' in which to obtain the desired result. COMPOSE a "Geek Mail" to yourself with whatever pertinent header it should denote, and include the LINK for where it shall apply as your 1st line. As you will no doubt LEARN, then you can SAVE this as a 'draft' until you're finished with that, no matter how L-O-N-G it would take for completion. oh, and I do accept WHOLE 'tips'!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hear, hear! I wholeheartedly second this suggestion. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

In addition to Robert's suggestion for a stop-gap measure, I sometimes do long files in Notepad or Wordpad, where I can save any time I want. Then I copy it over when I'm ready to post it. (I use those programs rather than MS Word so that it remains in text format.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Notepad is your friend.

On some forums I've seen a feature where you can save personal notes or information to use later. It was sort of a personal notepad built into the forum options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
COMPOSE a "Geek Mail" to yourself

thumbsup

You can add images, include game links, use bold lettering, etc. while creating your rough draft in GeekMail and preview the whole enchilada before you post it on the "real" BGG.

Truly a suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try It's All Text! if you use firefox. You can edit textareas using an external editor of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.