GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,406 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: C'mon, it's a little funny--no? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread Jarred posted this:

I responded with the following. I don't know if the thread died and nobody saw it, or you guys really think it's not that funny. I thought the following is at least amusing:

ROTFLMAO!

My muse struck me and I came up with this just for the fun of it:

"What a piece of junk!"

"I’m Barack Obama, I’m here to rescue you."

Barack to Rahm in the runup to 2012: "Evacuate in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to President Obama: "Look, good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else."

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson: "What are we going to do? We’ll be sent to the spice mines of Kessel and smashed into who knows what."

House Committee on Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank: "That’s no moon, it’s a space station."

American People just being born, 30 years from now: "This is some rescue. You came in here and you didn’t have a plan for getting out?"

OK, now I'm getting silly:

President Bush to Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel: "Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Salman Rushdie to President Bush: "You just watch yourself. We’re wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems."

Barack's orders to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen: "If this is a fishing boat, where are the fisherman? Commander, tear this ship apart until you’ve found those guns. And bring me the passengers: I want them alive!"

"Washington D.C. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Democratic Party to President Bush: "Into the garbage chute, flyboy!"

Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs Manouchehr Mottaki: "Boring conversation anyway. Mahmoud, we’re gonna have company!!"

Obamites: "The Force is strong with this one."

Barack's orders to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: "I suggest a new strategy, Michael. Let the sheik win."

The Guardian: "I’m a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to the Middle East," said yesterday U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Chairman John Kerry.

The Judge at U.S. journalist Roxana Saberi's trial: "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take her away!"

The single piece of advice in the letter left in the Oval Office by President Bush for President Obama: "You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s blow this thing and go home!"

Ibrahim to Muhammad: "These blast points--too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Somali pirate Two to Somali pirate Three: "I’ve got a very bad feeling about this."

Winner of Paris Hilton's British Best Friend Samuel "When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."
"Only a master of evil, Sam."

American Civil Liberties Union President Susan Herman: "You don’t need to see his identification...These aren’t the aliens you’re looking for...He can go about his business...Move along."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, posting it again in a new thread is very funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked the debt star image. S'funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

OK, I stand corrected. I thought it was clever. 'suppose not, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
quozl wrote:

It's easy to forget that in RSP humor is only humor if any of the following are being ridiculed:

Bush
Fox News
Rush Limbaugh
Tea Party
Christians
Dick Cheney
The NRA

The instant anyone who is considered "left" shows their idiocy the RSP throng quickly distances themselves from the individual and warps the discussion back to a more comfortable time... like before January 20th of this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it even remotely possible that one or two liberal RSPers may be sick and tired of Star Wars humor? I know I am. It's no smear on Isaac, or his subject matter (other than the Star Wars aspect.) The original picture was moderately amusing, but Isaac didn't post it, and Jarred didn't think it up, and I guess I'm just too busy winning my Diplomacy game to care about these sub-par threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't there be an Iraqi flag in superlaser dish?

'Cause a dollar spent blowing up kids isn't worth a dollar spent edgakatun them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
isaacc wrote:
quozl wrote:

It's easy to forget that in RSP humor is only humor if any of the following are being ridiculed:

Bush
Fox News
Rush Limbaugh
Tea Party
Christians
Dick Cheney
The NRA

The instant anyone who is considered "left" shows their idiocy the RSP throng quickly distances themselves from the individual and warps the discussion back to a more comfortable time... like before January 20th of this year.

Double-posting the yuks? Funny -- or not.

Whining about humor bias? Frickin' hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Comedy is hard.

I'm not sure if I'd take DW's assessment of why something isn't funny though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Isn't it even remotely possible that one or two liberal RSPers may be sick and tired of Star Wars humor? I know I am. It's no smear on Isaac, or his subject matter (other than the Star Wars aspect.) The original picture was moderately amusing, but Isaac didn't post it, and Jarred didn't think it up, and I guess I'm just too busy winning my Diplomacy game to care about these sub-par threads.

Yet you found time to post on this particular sub-par thread? Am I to assume your presence here is what passes for lefty humor in 2009? If so then imagine a mirthful grin on my otherwise stoic visage.

Now I gotta run... I need to replace one of the axle bearings on my house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, I'm sorry I reposted. I thought that the thread to which I originally posted had died. Frankly, it tickled me a bunch and clearly others don't think so. I didn't mean it to turn into a Left/Right thing especially since I poked fun without that in mind. Both Bush, Obama, Left, and Right got some. I just fit the Star Wars lingo where it seemed to fit, like:

Somali pirate 2 to Somali pirate 3: "I have a very bad feeling about this."

Chap's right; comedy is hard. Based on what has been posted in RSP in the past I thought I was right down the middle of the fairway.

By the way, I couldn't come up with something for:

"You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
By the way, I couldn't come up with something for:

"You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs."

Thank you for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Now I gotta run... I need to replace one of the axle bearings on my house.

As someone who actually has had to replace axle bearings on his house, I find that joke in very poor taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac,
13 thumbs aint bad. It looks like it was a good call to re-post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not funny the first time. Not blaming you, humor is hard, it was a good try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Bush
Fox News
Rush Limbaugh
Tea Party
Christians
Dick Cheney
The NRA

Those things are inherently funny.

The left have elements that are inherently funny as well. I'm disappointed at your lack of observation or insight. Off the top of my head:

Chairman Mao
Al Gore
Ralph Nader
Pagans
The Clintons
Wobblies
Hippies
The Kenedys
Howard Dean
Teamsters
Crunchy Yuppies
Jimmy Carter
College Activists
Gays/Lesbians
Geraldine Ferraro

Need I go on.

Lighten up, dude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

House Committee on Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank: "That’s no moon, it’s a space station."

With all due respect, putting Obi Wan's lines in Barney Frank's mouth is akin to having Andrew Dice Clay recite "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" It made me throw up in my mouth.

A much better quote would have been a modification of Princess Leia's line
We have no time for sorrows, Commander. You must use the informationin this lobbyist's letter (R-2 unit) to help plan the bailout (attack) - it's our only hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.