GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: winning combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand your question, but...

After you win a combat, all your units in that area remain in that area. If you have more units than the area can hold (remember you can attack an area with two units more than what that area would hold) then the extra units can be retreated, either to an empty or friendly area on the active planet or an adjacent planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
nachof wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your question, but...

After you win a combat, all your units in that area remain in that area. If you have more units than the area can hold (remember you can attack an area with two units more than what that area would hold) then the extra units can be retreated, either to an empty or friendly area on the active planet or an adjacent planet.

This "clarification" may be unnecessary, but just in case, the only thing I would amend is "or an adjacent planet connected by one of your transports." (As planets are considered "adjacent" regardless of whether you have transports there )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the answer i was looking for.Sorry my wording is not great as i am not used to typing more than text talk. I am new to the site as i stumbled upon it whilst seeing the trailer for the battlestar galactica board game.

So the units all stay(depending on limit) in the area of the planet and any excess go in a friendly or unoccupied area on the planet or adjacent planet.(choose any option or is there an order).

If units are transported to a planet that is totally empty tho can the units fill any or al areas on that planet or just one area of the planet. Example 4 units can only be transported if a 4 unit limit area is available OR take as many as you like to an empty planet and spread them across multiple areas as you see fit as long as the area limit is not exceeded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You choose where to send the retreating units. Keep in mind that all retreating units go to the same space, and if they don't fit, excess units are destroyed. This is not much of an issue when attacking (as you will retreat at most two units, and they could easily go to where they came from), but is good to remember it.

About moving: a mobilize order means "move any number of units from this planet or adjacent planets (provided you have the transport for it) into one or more of the areas in this planet". So yes, you can move as many as you want. Remember, though, that a mobilize in Chau Sara means "move units into areas of Chau Sara", NOT "move units from areas of Chau Sara". I find that is a common misunderstanding with beginners. If you want to move your marine from Chau Sara to Abbadon, your mobilize orden has to be placed on Abbadon. Also, there is another restriction: you can't start more than one battle per mobilize order. You can, however, send two units to a battle and two to two different areas, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I have actually managed to read a rule correctly (mobilize order in planet, units are mobilizing to).
I never thought of moving units more than area limit +2 into a planet to claim more areas when going to battle.
Thank you, it is very hard when the only player to have read the rules from our very small circle is me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rules are not easy to parse the first time. But after explaining them like 10 times, you start to think of them as obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.