GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,608 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Searching for info on an old board game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Demontreal
Canada
flag msg tools
HELP! I am searching for a really old game!

If someone would be so kind as to help me here, that would really make my day!

Here is the info I am searching for:

* Game name
* Publishing company
* Year

Here is the info I have on this game:

It is an old game, made well before 1995. It features a board depicting lots of small brown-yellow squares representing the interior "rooms and corridors" of a "castle". The game also comes with tokens representing "treasures" that are placed in the rooms. There was near the middle of one side of the board an "entrance" to this castle, and near the middle of the board, but a bit further away from the entrance, a central room with more treasure in it, but only reachable by one long circling corridor (well, actually a "squaring" corridor, since all the game playing area is made of small squares that line up perfectly).

I remember that despite the colouring of the castle squares being a bit "plain and boring" by todays artistic standards, it was more than okay at the time I played this game, and I remember that I was quite impressed by the game's quality of its components, especially the PAINTED METALLIC MINIATURES representing the heroes that each player controlled. For us, despite the slightly higher cost of the game, these metallic figures alone made the game a really good deal, since we also used the figures in our "basic" Dungeon & Dragons games (okay, so this was probably *well* before 1995!).

These figurines were painted in plain solid uniform colors, and the paint was "relatively shiny" (not "matte"). Each player controlled 4 (I think) different heroes, each player add trhus a complete "set" of heroes of a one of the following colors (1 color per player): red, blue, yellow, green. I don't remember if the game called these "heroes" or "adventurers" or whatever.

There was also a set of 4 total-black paint (or maybe really deep purple or marine blue) metal figures that were a bi larger and which represented statues or golems or something like that, which were placed in specific "starting squares" in the castle (if you divided the map in 4 smaller square areas, then each golem would start at a spot at about the center of each of these parts). Each golem could be moved around by the players, away from their own heroes, and toward their opponents' heroes, so usually you had golems constantly going back and forth.

Your heroes could be attacked by the golems when the golems moved, in which case a series of die battle was made until the heroes won a battle. In a fight against a golem the hero lost most of the time, (especially the wizard, who needed to roll the maximum to "win"), and at each loss against a golem, the hero was pushed back 1 square by the golem, and the golem moved forward in the hero's position. If there was no room for the hero to be pushed back, then that hero was killed.

I don't remember if you could push the golems back or destroy them or not. I also don't remember if the heroes could fight each other, or if a killed hero was out of the game or simply respawned at the entrance of the castle. But I definitely remember that being attacked by a golem spelled trouble for most heroes, and that this "being-repeatedly-pushed-back-until-you-won-against-the-golem" thing.

The main part of the game consisted of moving your heroes around the castle to pick up treasures, rolling 1 or 2 plain 6 sided dice to move your heroes (at 1 square per die dot). I don't remember if you rolled several dice or not, but the game used normal dice.

Also I don't remember if when you picked a treasure you then picked up a card or if you simply kept the tokens or whatever as a form of "gold": at that point my memory really starts to fail me. I don't even remember what was the ultimate goal of the game! Maybe it was just being the one who amasses the biggest treasure.

But I remember that I had a lot of fun playing the game, and that this was the only game I *ever* knew that had plainted metallic miniatures.

If you have any info on this game, *PLEASE* answer here!

Thank you!

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
HeroQuest?

Or

The New Dungeon!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither of those fit the descriptions. The golem thing seems quite unique also I never heard of a games using that mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DungeonQuest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon Strike?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.