GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pursuit of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Massed Cavalry Charge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier KURTH
msg tools
Hello

A question about this card (it was asked some time ago on ConsinWorld but I didn't find any answer). When the card say "any full-strength cavalry, camels and armored cars may advance up to three zones (if possible)", does it mean that the units can advance if the terrain is clear (and always clear) or they can advance if the terrain is free of ennemy's units ? (in other words, is the "cancel advance" canceled ?).

In the first case, this card seems useless (3 consecutive clear zones can only be found in Egypt, Mesopotamia, Syria, South Caucase et Central Anatolia (three of these regions aren't the playfield of the Desert Army and in the two other it's unlikely to be usefull).

Thanks for your answers.

Didier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very similar question arises with the CP CC Catastrophic Attack.

I believe the intention was that terrain should not prevent the advance allowed by either CC. However, I am still waiting for a reply from Brad on this question, so my answer is rather unofficial...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stock
United States
Elsah
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Philip is correct -- three spaces regardless of terrain. (The 'cancel advance' is nullified.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier KURTH
msg tools
Thanks for this quick answer (in fact it was my interpretation of the card but my opponent didn't share my vision and was afraid of losing almost all of his forces in Syria:p).

Actually, Pursuit of Glory is a very addicting game :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stock
United States
Elsah
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to hear that!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.