GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if there are on any online retailers in Spain that ship the to the USA? Apparently they are having deflation (see http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/21/business/global/21deflate....) and curious if Spain may be a better place to place an overseas order from (probably not but just curious)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Games in Spain are not exactly cheap, and most of the time the selection is relatively poor compared to most other European retailers. The hobby is also too small for deep discounters to make money. Most of the time my brother, in Spain, ends up ordering from Germany anyway. You find stores that discount Runebound down to 42 Euros, BattleLore to 62, Crusader Rex to 54 and Carc to 18. Not exactly cheap.

The deflation is a lot more noticeable in industries that are traditionally more prone to discounting, like electronics and clothing.

Here, learn more about Spain's deflation:

http://www.eleconomista.es/economia/noticias/1098175/03/09/Q...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

For those of us who may have had 4 years of high school Spanish but never used it so lost it... google English translation:

http://tinyurl.com/ccyv8t

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Espana 36, how much does that sell for in Spain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, clothing and cars are slightly cheaper, but boardgaming in Spain is now as expensive as always.

I have never seen a spanish FLGS making discounts under the MSRP, and the discounts of our online stores are smallers than those on your country. Due to price fixing, small catalogues, and the strength of the Euro, we are the ones who import games from Germany, UK or the USA.

So enjoy the prices of your country. laugh

When I think of those things I tell to myself: "at least, here we have cured ham".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.