GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Crunch: The Game for Utter Bankers» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few more clarifications sought rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Brookland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

1) When an interest payment card comes up eg highrisk 5M -> 5 assets

does it mean:

a) you get 5 assets for having at least 5M debt across all your high risk workforce cards. (doesn't matter that the debt is spread across more than one card)

b) you get 5 assets for each high risk work force card that has at least 5M debt. (eg one has 8M and another has 6M you get 10 asset cards but two with 3M on each you'd get no asset cards)

c) you get 5 assets for each 5M debt across all your high risk workforce cards. (eg total of all debt on high risk cards is 17M so get 15 assets)

When I read the rules I took it to be a) but my other players argued for b) and during the discussion c) came up to

2) Also the rules state that events happen to all banks and yet we noticed some card text specifically stating "all banks" and so we got a bit confused at first. Just want to clarify that discarding debt etc happens to all players not just the one who pulled the card.

3) Finally does the card that allows you to take assets back from a single nominated workforce type take cards back only from your own bank? I said yes but again some others argued that it was from all banks - couldn't see how that would work in the "real world" though I said I'd double check.

Sorry for the lengthy post but we realy enjoyed the game and can't wait to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sheerin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alan,

Thanks for raising these questions. Interest payment is an important part of the game and we didn't have the luxury of space to explain it as fully as it might warrant.

1) You were right, the correct interpretation is (a). So the criteria stated on the cards refers to the *minimum total* amount of debt you hold in that level of risk, regardless of whether this is all held by one workforce or across several workforce.

2) Thanks for point this out. Events do indeed apply to all banks and so any phrasing referencing "all banks" is redundant. Sorry for any confusion. We'll make sure we fix that.

3) You can only target your own workforce. You can't recall debt that other banks have issued. Similarly, you can't sack other banks' workforce.

Glad you enjoyed the game. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
alanB wrote:

1) When an interest payment card comes up eg highrisk 5M -> 5 assets

does it mean:

a) you get 5 assets for having at least 5M debt across all your high risk workforce cards. (doesn't matter that the debt is spread across more than one card)..........

TerrorBull Games wrote:

1) You were right, the correct interpretation is (a).

I am assuming that, although a) is the correct interpretation as far as summing your debt total across all workforces of the particular risk type, that the number of asset cards recieved in the above example would be 5 plus the number of high risk workforce cards you have, as per the text at the bottom of the Interest Payment cards, even if the assets on those cards is not used to count towards the qualifying amount of debt? If that makes sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.