GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,265 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A game of trial and error... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been curious about Pandemic since I first heard of it, but not until now I decided to order it among some other games.
Two of my friends came over to test it and precisely when I had explained the rules and we started playing another turned up.
Even though we simply explained the game briefly as we played, he managed to get the purpose of the game rather quick and everyone could contribute just as much to the team.

We played the beginners game with only 4 epidemic cards.

Unaware of the person card limit, we used the cards to fly around without knowing that they were wasted for the rest of the game. Then we realised that there only was one card for each city and we began to save the cards to discover cures.

It took a while to discover the red decease, but it was eradicated the next turn. Later also the blue and black cure was discovered. Just about when we were sure we would win, we counted the cards left and saw that everyone has one turn each left. The Scientist had no yellow cards at all, and the person with most yellow card only had two. We tried to analyse the last four rounds and noticed it would be impossible to share enough knowledge. Then we went through the discard pile and saw four discarded yellow cities in the beginning.

It was an interesting first game and we certainly learned from our mistakes. I look forward to many ours of playing, especially as we don't even have beaten the simplest variant yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.