GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,606 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mines and cover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the errata, Mines don't have a NCM, they only are treated as another VOF.
Does this mean that being hit by a mine in a Strong building in the Farm only exerts a +1 NCM? (+3 +2 -4 = +1).
Never thought of this before, but it makes Mines a bit less scary while "in town"
(Even moving it's "only" a -1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does this mean that being hit by a mine in a Strong building in the Farm only exerts a +1 NCM? (+3 +2 -4 = +1).

Remember movement would trigger the mine so if you had moved into the strong building from another card, you would have a -2 for being exposed. If the mine and the strong building cover had been there before the unit moved, I assume you could have made an infilltration move to get there. Will an infilltration move trigger a mine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sherron wrote:
Will an infilltration move trigger a mine?

I'd say yes: any action on the "movement table" should trigger a mine-test IMO. (That includes "transport" and cover-to-cover movements: nasty! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the buildings would offer cover to the squad because of them being spread out if soldier Y steps on a mine while the squad was moving to the strong building. I agree with you Pablo I would think infilltration movement would trigger a mine attack. I had not thought of a transport action. But if you performed a transport command and moved off the card, would there be a mine attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Colaneri
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
www.balenaludens.it
badge
Visit us! http://www.balenaludens.it Reviews, articles, GAMES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:
According to the errata, Mines don't have a NCM, they only are treated as another VOF.
Never thought of this before, but it makes Mines a bit less scary while "in town"
(Even moving it's "only" a -1)

Interesting question!

If your units are in a mined village, the most exposed to hits, specially from booby traps, should be units inside buildings... you are right.

And normally where are mines more effective? In closed terrain, where units are forced along some paths easily predicted from the enemy.

Mines are not very well reproduced at this stage, I think. Maybe mines should ignore cover, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.