GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,033 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Bacon Chocolates. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bacon [+] [View All]
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to make these for some time. Tonight, and Monday, I'm going to some Pot Luck events, and these are part of what I'm bringing.

The ingredients. 2lbs thick cut bacon, 24oz semi-sweet chocolate morsels, 6oz white chocolate morsels (I'll be using half the bag shown there for the white).

Mmmm bacon.

Cut the bacon into small pieces, then break them all apart.

Fry the bacon. You'll need to drain the rendered fat several times in order to make the bacon become crispy.

Keep frying until the bacon is just crisp and brown, and that additional fat isn't being rendered - if the fat that is in the pan starts to smoke, it's definitely ready.

Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan and put it into a dish that is lined with a couple of layers of paper towel, to drain excess fat. About half the bacon is shown here - I repeated the frying process with the other half.

In a glass bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (or use a double boiler), put the chocolate morsels.

stir the chocolate to help it melt.

Keep stirring until it is all melted and smooth.

Mix in the drained and cooled bacon, ensuring it's well covered.

Using two teaspoons, make bite-sized piles on a baking tray lined with cooking parchment/grease proof paper.

Put 6 oz (half the packet) of the white chocolate morsels into a clean bowl and melt them.

Again, melt them until the chocolate is smooth

Drizzle the white chocolate over the pieces decoratively. Refrigerate.

I just tried one to make sure it's OK before taking them tonight. Wow. Very yummy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:

They don't look too appetizing, but I'm sure that they taste alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
at that point, the chocolate it still hot. Once they've cooled they look much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the potluck was a great success. Lots of food. The only item that got completely cleaned out...

My Bacon Chocolates.

They are sooooo good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.