GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,434 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

InterSpace» Forums » General

Subject: Just Finishing up a Counter/Card Redesign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C S
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey anyone that happens upon this little gem,

I just wanted to let you know that I am close to finishing and uploading a redesign of the unit counters and cards for InterSpace. Each colour has different counters for variety, and all the cards now have some graphics and a different card back.

Just for the record, I am in no way any sort or graphic artist - all the graphics I used came from the game Escape Velocity: Nova and some mods for it created by fans. I can, however, hack together multiple images and put text on them with some success as I did here.

Here's a couple teaser pictures in my gallery that I have submitted to GeekMod as well.

Alien Objective Cards and Back:

Colonization Cards and Back:

Breakthrough Cards and Back:

Planet Cards:

Blue Unit Counters:

Purple Unit Counters:

I will be uploading the PDFs within a day or so. I'll also submit a review of what I think of the game sometime soon as well. I hope you enjoy and any feedback is appreciated!

Also,thanks to Greg Turner for creating a nice little game that I think more people should see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome work!

I am eager to see this up here

Till now I only played a couple of turns solo (with two players) to get a feel for the game. But this may change in future to an assembled version, indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C S
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joeyeti!

I enjoyed reading your session report and the other info you posted here. It got me interested in the game! The files are uploaded pending approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Semi_Colon wrote:
Thanks Joeyeti!

I enjoyed reading your session report and the other info you posted here. It got me interested in the game! The files are uploaded pending approval.

I am glad I could contribute, hovewer little
It is quite a shame I could not get to playing this more, but recently the situation with gaming partners has been a bit better and I hope I can eventualy do either a 2-player or a 3-player game.

Now you kicked me to get some cardboard for the tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really awesome! Can't wait to get the files!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C S
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Files are up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Semi_Colon wrote:
Files are up!

Nice-a!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the files in any higher res?

(Want to print them as soon as I can!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C S
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see if I can get some higher res files up, but it won't be for a little while because I'm pretty busy for the next week or so. Sorry! I'll work on it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C S
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still working on the higher res files, I don't have them on my laptop at the moment (and I'm away from them for a multiple weeks). But I made up a couple of Combat Boards for those who are interested. There is one for combat near a planet, and one for combat in space. File has been uploaded pending approval, here they are in picture form:

Planet Combat Board:

Space Combat Board:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly I am looking for the card's text to be clearer - not as blurry as it is now. What are you using to convert it to pdf? Try working in a higher res. How are you coming on the project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C S
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's mostly because I didn't make the initial image in a high enough resolution. I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to work on it this summer, but I'll probably have more time in a couple weeks to finish it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric knox
Canada
Woodstock-1h from capital of NB
New brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I just played my first game and wow it really is a good one.-one of my new favorites. I am glad I used your new artwork as it really added visual appeal to my game.

Well done.

Brightton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 years later...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.