GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,948 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

1776» Forums » Rules

Subject: Original vs 3rd Ed. Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I picked up a copy of this game on Ebay, and I am trying to understand the rulesets. It looks to me as though the 3rd ed rules really are a restatement of the original rules (including the red text portions) for sections I (p.3) through III.F. (p.8), inclusive. This is also true of section IV.B. on page 10.

Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Pratto
United States
Peabody
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3rd Edition Rules are copied word-for-word from the 2nd Edition Rules with any changes highlighted in red or maroon. In many cases the red text is only a clarification of the original rules. I believe that is the case for most of the sections you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for confirming that for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mb
What's the difference between 1st and 2nd edition rules (if it can be summed up)? What version is generally used at World Boardgaming Championships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Beach

Burlington
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You took the words out of my mouth, Stephen. I too am trying to find out what set of rules is sanctioned by GM's like Steve Packwood and Ron Coffey. Can anyone comment on this with accuracy? From the one picture I saw here which included a player named Frisby (he was last years champion I believe) it clearly appears that he and his opponent are using all of the original AH components with the exception of the 2nd Edition Rules.

Again, if anyone out there can confirm what rules are used by the WBC I would be most grateful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.