GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,153 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

nick chomatopoulos
Greece
Athens
Argiroupoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glenn, thanks for this great boardgame!!
You did (& do) great job!!
Regarding Expansion Set,
I would like more information for each nation, if there is final decision about this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Foley
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick,

Are you warming up to Glenn in hopes that he makes the 6th Colonial Power Greece? You know that's not historically accurate! LOL

However, after you have Portugal - Spain - Holland - England - France... what nation historically was colonizing the world? No other nations had the clout to sail that far to the new world. Not even Italy as all their explorers worked for other nations!

What's that sixth - purple colonial power going to be then??? The only other growing power of the era was the Ottoman/Muslim world... but they stayed pretty much close to home. They knew they had enough oil and warm weather that you couldn't beat it!

Come on Glenn... give it up... what's the sixth Colonial Power... give it up dude!!! We haven't had any expansion hints in a while now!!! Keep us interested as June-July is a ways off still!

The Condor

P.S.: I'd be alright with Greece though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the Norse? They did some exploring.

I am good with any nation, but ya... lets hear what it will be already! What nation goes with the colour purple? d10-6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Foley
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norse... a few others online were pushing them. However - their exploration was well before the colonial era. You'd have to really do some makeshift ability since they were a non-factor in the age of exploration.

And purple ... it's not the best yardstick to choose the nation by in my book.

The Condor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple

Could be The Kingdom of Sweden or the Danes,

Could even be Venice

However intriguingly other Choices would be Russia (remember Alaska everyone?)

Or Imperial China (if they hadn't shut down the treasure fleets)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon dee
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Troymk1 wrote:
Purple

Could be The Kingdom of Sweden or the Danes,

Could even be Venice

However intriguingly other Choices would be Russia (remember Alaska everyone?)

Or Imperial China (if they hadn't shut down the treasure fleets)

The Kingdom of Denmark would be a candidate for a wannabe colonial power. With virgin islands and Greenland in the new world. Trankebar (india), and Goldcoast in afrika. With both slave and spice trade, and one of the biggest euoropean fleets until the napoleon wars, my national pride calls for making the case for the Denmark, as the wannabe colonial power.

Btw looking at greenland you could consider Denmark one of the countries thats still is big on colonies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Foley
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I think of it, I hope Glenn has created a decent sixth colonial power for the game's sake. When you look at the historical account after the big 5 it's hard to really find another that measures up.

I guess we will just have to wait as to see who these "purple people eaters" are going to be. Since they're purple, they do fit the theme of being the Minnesota Vikings! Maybe it is going to be the Norsemen after all?

Since you're gaming to create the direction of the new world it would be more interesting though to see a non-European power provided. Afterall, it's a chance to re-write history.

Come on Glenn... spill it... we'd like some hype here!!!

The Condor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick chomatopoulos
Greece
Athens
Argiroupoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Mike!!
I don't think it would be Greece the 6th nation because it isn't
historical fair!!
I have to agree with other players that Sweden or even Russia are more eligible considering that they had try to colonise America in the past ages...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick chomatopoulos
Greece
Athens
Argiroupoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we really want somewhat historical accuracy,
Spain must have the initiative move.
There was a time that spaniards had explored and had already start
to colonised the new continent from Florida to Peru...
I think that Spain's player must has some special benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.