GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,458 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Siena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reshuffling the Fato deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that whenever someone uses the Fato deck, regardless of the result, all cards are replaced and the deck is shuffled for subsequent use.

Can anyone confirm this, I can't find any mention of this in the English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaroslaw Kuczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finding anything in the English rules is a true achievement but this information is, surprisingly, given on pages 6 and 8.

Page 6 (THE ROAD CALLED "VIA FRANCIGENA"): "The Peasant shuffles the "Fato" cards deck and decides the amount of cards, he/she wants to draw..."

Page 8 (the e) letter): "If the Banker wants to try, the player shuffles the "Fato" deck and decides the amount of cards he/she wants to draw (as the Peasants on their journy along the "Via Francigena")."

The rewrite by masdero (being the only usable set of rules) states only that the cards are to be "returned to the Fato deck in preparation for its next use" (page 10). Which may be problematic, but the original rules are quite clear in this regard.

Rules aside, can you imagine a reason not to shuffle the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation. I of course couldn't think of a reason not to shuffle all of the cards together every time, but it's always nice to make sure and have this thread available for prosperity.

I did see those sections of the rules, but to be honest I don't think that they're decisive. It's true that there is no mention of a Fato discard pile anywhere in the rules, but they also don't state specifically to return the revealed cards to the deck... I think that's ambiguous enough to warrant some thought. Of course you should conclude that they must all get shuffled together but I don't like assuming things when reading rules, or at least I like assuming as few things as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.