GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,153 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Perikles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarification... Help... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When you send additional forces I assume that you can only spend 1 cube from a city you control to send up to 2 more counters from that city army (you cannot spend 2 cubes and send 4 counters);
2. This happens for every Influence tile you spend... I.e. in a turn of a 4-player game you can send at most 5x2 + 5x2 = 20 counters (if you have cities with those many counters)
3. The player that takes control of the Persians can use up cubes to send additional persian counters. I assume the cubes may come from any city in which the player has cube(s).
4. If I attack city A defended by players B and C I cannot ally in that round with players A, B and C.
5. I control 2 cities (Athen and Megara)... In my turn I discard an Influence tile and can send up to 2 counters, 1 from Athen and 1 from Megara, or 2 from Megara, or 2 from Athen, to 1 or 2 box, even mixed (I can send counters from the 2 cities in the first row main attacker box for example).
6. I've read through the forum and now I'm a bit confused on battles. I've read in the forum (not in the rules) that if you don't have hoplites you cannot win a tile, even if the second and decisive round is between triremes for that tile. Is it correct?! Example: Battle of Solygeia - first hoplites than triremes . The attacker has triremes but not Hoplites... Defender has Hoplites but not Triremes. From the rules I understand that first round is won by defender (with the Hoplites) but second round by the attacker (with the triremes): so the attacker wins the tile... From the forum instead it seams all battles are decided by Hoplites and the Trireme battles always happen first... What is correct?!
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dardia
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am only answering with respect to how my gaming group interprets these rules but here goes:

1 - Yes
2 - Yes
3 - Yes
4 - Yes
5 - We play that you can choose any combination of two counters, but that you cannot mix troops from two city-states within one Main/Allied set of boxes.
6 - We play that the attacker would win the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes. And you cannot 'save up' and deploy all your extras at the end. It's one optional cube per tile, in the turn the tile is resolved.
3 - Yes.
4 - It depends. Alliances are per city, not per player.
5 - Exactly one city is represented in the main box (the city first to deploy there). Units from all other cities go in the allies box. This makes it clear which city will take the applicable losses.
6 - You have it right. I think the examples usually preface with "Assuming battles are triremes then hoplites..." (some of the player aids do this too). Understand the pattern and apply it with the specifics of each tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4. Alliances are per city. So if you control only city D and you attack city A, which is defended by city B and city C, you cannot ally city D with A, B, or C. But you could ally city E (if you controlled it) with A, B, or C. The cities you control are automatically allied, but alliances are not transitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For #6, it seems counter-intuitive from a gameplay standpoint, but it seems they've adopted the logic standpoint that you need army to occupy land territory. Naval, no matter how important a role, is still only for support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
For #6, it seems counter-intuitive from a gameplay standpoint, but it seems they've adopted the logic standpoint that you need army to occupy land territory. Naval, no matter how important a role, is still only for support.

Ok for questions 1-5...
Question 6: my doubts remain: which is the correct (official) procedure for a battle "First hoplite - second Trireme"?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
collezionista wrote:
Question 6: my doubts remain: which is the correct (official) procedure for a battle "First hoplite - second Trireme"?
The second battle (or first battle when there is only one) is the deciding battle. You cannot win without units of that type. Hoplites are not the deciding factor unless there is no trireme battle -or- hoplites battle second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgmnetid wrote:
collezionista wrote:
The second battle (or first battle when there is only one) is the deciding battle. You cannot win without units of that type. Hoplites are not the deciding factor unless there is no trireme battle or hoplites battle second.

Ok... thx for the kind answer... but with regard at the post of "ackmondual", in a battle "first hoplite - second trireme", if you have only trireme and win the second round and so the battle, do you take the Tile (without having sent hoplites)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to the game, but wouldn't the answer to #6 be different if the defender had the "Persian Fleet" special tile? (start Trireme combat with one victory marker, then gain a second marker for the unopposed Hoplites)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
The rules for the Persian Fleet tile disallow that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
I know it's been a while but maybe some find it worth reading anyway:

collezionista wrote:
Ok... thx for the kind answer... but with regard at the post of "ackmondual", in a battle "first hoplite - second trireme", if you have only trireme and win the second round and so the battle, do you take the Tile (without having sent hoplites)?

Second battle is decisive or, should I say more strictly, winning the second battle is necessary and sufficient condition to win the tile (no matter whether it is land or naval battle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.