GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,019 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
47 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Question: What do you carry your games in? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My car is just jam-packed full of games, and whenever I go to my game club or regular group, I find myself carrying a handful of 5-8 games... by hand! Anyone have any suggestions for carrying euro and ameritrash type board games by the half-dozen?

I think I'm bringing Android, Funny Friends, Mare Nostrum, Vampire: Prince of the City and Cleopatra and the Society of Architects this Saturday and I hate having to walk 2 blocks and not being able to see 5 feet in front of me!

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
A decent sized gym bag should do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a garbage bag. It's waterproof, and when you're done, you can reuse it as a trash bag. Just make sure you get all your games out, first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to Home Depot and for $.99, you can get a nylon bag with handles that will hold a bunch of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a large canvas tool bag...I can fit 6-8 games depending on their sizes, and it is durable, and has a zipper, duffle bag type handles, and a shoulder strap if I'm toting particularly heavy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Oster
United States
Arlington
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I and several members of my regular game group use the L.L. Bean Boat and Tote bags. I can get upwards of 10 games of various sizes (even Railroad Tycoon) in it with careful packing and because it is made of heavy cotton canvas I don't have to worry about my game corners getting all banged up.

Actually I've commandeered mine from my wife. devil

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For game events where space is not an issue, I carry my games in a big plastic tub like the ones pictured at the link below:
http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&Produ...#

For game events where space is an issue, I have started packing smaller games (usually without their boxes) inside of larger games. I then carry only the games themselves in, with a plastic bag around them if it's raining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
For game events where space is not an issue, I carry my games in a big plastic tub like the ones pictured at the link below:

This is what I use to bring games to our local group's weekly game night. Recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a large canvas tote that I think was meant to be a beach tote. It has velcro closures and a clasp closure at the top, and the handles are long enough that I can carry it over a shoulder. The bottom is large enough that Agricola or Pandemic can lay flat. You might also look in the laundry section of a place like Target, as we have large mesh-style laundry bags with handles with a flat bottom that would also work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a dozen or so big clear plastic totes with blue attached folding meshed lids that I use around the house for moving and storage. Whenever I bring games I load up a plastic tote or two. They hold a lot and have built in handles for eash lugging. One or two games might be too big to fit, so I stack them on top.

I've also seen foldable and portable hand trucks that would ease the burden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
Go to Home Depot and for $.99, you can get a nylon bag with handles that will hold a bunch of games.

Same, but I take two of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a giant six foot long hockey equipment bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whistler
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Knob Creek Manhattan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nmadd wrote:
bwingrave wrote:

This is what I use to bring games to our local group's weekly game night. Recommended.

Ditto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
native_son wrote:
nmadd wrote:
bwingrave wrote:

Ditto.

Same here - plastic tub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw somebody mention an Israeli Duffel bag in one of these posts.
Very heavy canvas bag with water proofing bottom. I looked around on the net and bought one for about $30. I could fit almost all of my games in it. 34"x 15 x 12
I Love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Witzany
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought an oversized messenger bag from timbuk2.com about ten years ago, and I still use it every week for textbooks, recording gear, games--anything. It's water resistant and incredibly sturdy, and even if you're not in the market for one, the online utility for building your own bag is keen:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/bagbuilder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
I have a dozen or so big clear plastic totes with blue attached folding meshed lids that I use around the house for moving and storage.

I use one of these for my game toting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Garlinghouse
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually plastic tubs and large duffel bags. We have game night at our home, if we can, we have a lot of games and a lot of table space.

Getting tired of packing them around however, I'm fantasizing about this setup.

http://www.roamingtimes.com/rvreports/keystone-outback-loft-...

Then fill the "toy storage' space with

http://www.theonlinecatalog.com/advancedhandling/store/buyno...

Pull up to game group or con, and roll 'em down the ramp and into the hall! laugh

Edit: Melissa says I have to put one of these http://www.geekchichq.com/Co_Store/The_Showroom/The_Sultan/T... in the living area of the trailer, or she isn't coming!

Edited 3/10 to update Sultan URL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
I have a dozen or so big clear plastic totes with blue attached folding meshed lids that I use around the house for moving and storage. Whenever I bring games I load up a plastic tote or two. They hold a lot and have built in handles for eash lugging. One or two games might be too big to fit, so I stack them on top.

I've also seen foldable and portable hand trucks that would ease the burden.

Yes, plastic totes are great. Clear are best so you can identify what is where without having to dig through them to find something.

I found a foldable/portable hand truck just today @ Costco for just under $23.00. It folds down nicely into a small compact size. Looks like it will hold 2-3 totes (maybe 4 depending on size)...will be using it tomorrow for getting games into my wife's classroom.

EDIT: Found the same cart on Amazon for $32 so this is a good deal if it's in your Costco: http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Personal-Hand-Truck/dp/B000...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:

These sound like the Monoflow brand Storage totes that you can get at Costco for $5.99. This is what I use when I'm taking games and at home. They are stackable so they make a good storage solution. I have dozens.

I'm only so so on taking them to game night. You can really only fit 4-6 games in them everything else you still need to stack on top.

pictured here

If you are going to be walking several blocks I'd go with a canvas bag/duffel, or something with wheels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be going out-of-state to work and I plan on bringing some of my games (solitaire and possibly one two-player) with me to pass the time. If and when I do, I will probably put them in a plastic tub with a lid - this will protect the games (and anything else in the tub) from the weather and other minor accidents.

So my vote goes for plastic tubs (I saw some 18 gallon green and purple ones at Home Depot for only $3.88).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trader Joe's reusable bag for 3 game nights. Ikea blue bag for big game transports. Cheap and they fold up to NOTHING and wedge in the game closet themselves.

Ungh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use large backpacks full of the long card boxes and some Flambeau or Plano plastic boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neverwhere68 wrote:
I saw somebody mention an Israeli Duffel bag in one of these posts.
Very heavy canvas bag with water proofing bottom. I looked around on the net and bought one for about $30. I could fit almost all of my games in it. 34"x 15 x 12
I Love it!
OK, 12 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a Skyway Flair 5 27" Gear Bag. Found it to be a good size - holds a decent number of games and it is easy to carry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.