Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb

I didn't buy a Witch.

At one point he had 3 Provinces, 1 Duchy, 2 Gold, multiple Silver, while I had 3 Silver, and no VPs.

After stripping him of his treasures, I trashed them instead of keeping them. He then switched to buying Duchies, and eventually Coppers and Estates. I started buying Silver Gold Provinces really late--not until I stripped him of all his treasures.

It was close. He almost ended the game with the last Estate before I could buy the last Province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone once made the mistake of going hardcore Chapel deck against my Spy/Throne/Thief in a set without any +Coin. Halfway through the game he was drawing his whole deck every turn, but could only buy a single Copper each time, only to have it trashed immediately next turn.

I felt really bad, actually. But it was hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Herman
United States
Seville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I have experimented with Turbo Thief. 2 Throne Room, 2 Thief, Chapel and 1 +2 coin cards later in the game, buy a second +2 coin card)
TR/TR/Thief/Thief to drain the treasures. Trash them all to prevent the treasure from being taken back. Then make a no-treasure Province purchase with a double TR and double +2 coin card.
It is a fun switch up, but the opponents can get quite testy. It is slow and painful. And it does not have the win ratio I like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hardin
United States
Bentonville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
theory wrote:
Someone once made the mistake of going hardcore Chapel deck against my Spy/Throne/Thief in a set without any +Coin. Halfway through the game he was drawing his whole deck every turn, but could only buy a single Copper each time, only to have it trashed immediately next turn.

I felt really bad, actually. But it was hilarious.

This kind of play can really cause havoc FtF. We did have one game like this where one player had 3 Provinces before anybody had anything. He lost the game to the player who ended up with 5 Provinces after me and another player hammered him with Thief plays.

This was a game between 3 friends who have been friends for a long time, and two guys who are roommates. It turned ugly and we all had to take a break afterwards.

We all agreed that such a play was legal. We also accepted that under the circumstances it was the only possible way to get back in the game. But it did create some ugly feelings since one of the players was eliminated without being eliminated.

- Lex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.